Graduate Certificate of Programming and Development
Bootcamp - Swinburne Online - online delivery only
Undertake a computer programming course developed in collaboration with Mulesoft and GitHub that will teach you the basics of Python and Java languages. This course is appropriate for those with little IT experience and will provide you with entry-level skills used in the design and construction of agile software solutions. Whether you’re planning a career change or to upskill in your current role this course will provide a solid foundation for your programming and development skills.
Learn to understand various agile software development practices and develop theoretical knowledge for solving real world problems. This course will provide the opportunity to network with potential employers, and work on projects co-designed by industry partners.
This course is taught in a bootcamp delivery to maximise your time spent on campus and accelerate your learning. Fast-track your career and upgrade your digital skills to meeting the growing demand for IT professionals.
6 months full-time
Online (Quarter 1, Quarter 2, Quarter 3, Quarter 4) - View application and start dates
2023 Start Dates
Study with Swinburne Online
With Swinburne Online, the learning experience is 100% online and studied at your own pace. Our courses are built for the jobs of the future with a focus on collaboration and our flexible learning environment empowers you to study on your own terms. They are developed by leaders in the field and taught by professionals with industry experience.
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
- Four core units of study
Units of study
* Outcome units - matched exemptions are generally not granted for higher education outcome units.
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities, course aims and objectives and graduate skills.
Aims and objectives
- Theoretical knowledge and understanding required to solve the problem at hand;
- Technical skills and experience with key technologies so as to be able to complete the project;
- Enterprise skills and digital literacy required to effectively transition into the workplace in a business / data analyst role;
- A project portfolio which can be utilised to showcase their skills and understanding as they seek meaningful job and career outcomes.
|CLO1||Implement software development methodologies|
|CLO2||Interpret common programming languages|
|CLO3||Exhibit proficiency by creating simple objects using Python and Java, independently|
|CLO4||Design a working API prototype|
The Swinburne experience
- Study abroad.
Study abroad opportunities
Pathways and scholarships
- Credit transfer, recognition of prior learning and scholarships.
Course fees and requirements
- Entry requirements and non-year 12 entry.
|2023 rate*||Estimated total cost of the course||Estimated cost of the course per year if studying full-time*||Annual Amenities fee if studying full-time*|
||$14,840||$14,840||See how your SSAF is calculated|
How do I pay my fees?
FEE-HELP is a loan given to eligible full-fee paying higher education students to help pay part or all of their tuition fees. The Commonwealth Government pays the amount of the loan directly to Swinburne.
- A recognised bachelor degree OR
- Two years equivalent full-time related professional experience* OR
- Three to five years equivalent full-time relevant experience that includes computer literacy OR
- Partially completed related tertiary qualification from AQF 6 and less than two years work experience