Graduate Certificate of Professional Data Analytics
Bootcamp - Swinburne Online - online delivery only
Prime yourself for career success in a high growth area with our data analytics course developed in collaboration with Tableau. Gain a much sought-after analytics skillset in our bootcamp delivery which fast-tracks your learning, with no prior IT background required.
In a world where data is increasingly complex, businesses that have the skills to harness data-driven insights are better-positioned to succeed. In this course you will develop a broad knowledge of the data management lifecycle and understand the power of data-driven decision making with access to software support from Tableau. You will complete projects co-designed with industry that present real-world challenges, giving you the opportunity to hone your skills in a professional framework.
Upon graduation, you will be ready to work as a data analyst across a range of industries, by taking data in its raw form and transforming it into actionable business insights. You will also be prepared to pursue advanced education in data analysis.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
This course is currently in transition.
The course code, title, units, and content may change. Further information will become available on our website, upon enrolment or during your studies. To discuss your study options, please get in touch with us today.
Online (Quarter 1, Quarter 2, Quarter 3, Quarter 4) - View application and start dates
A$14840 (total for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
- Four (4) core units of study
Maximum Academic Credit
Units of study
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities and course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
Most importantly, each unit within the course is driven by learners completing projects which have been co-designed with Employer Partners
- Theoretical knowledge and understanding required to solve the problem at hand;
- Technical skills and experience with key technologies so as to be able to complete the project;
- Enterprise skills and digital literacy required to effectively transition into the workplace in a business / data analyst role;
- A project portfolio which can be utilised to showcase their skills and understanding as they seek meaningful job and career outcomes.
The Swinburne experience
- Study abroad.
Study abroad opportunities
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn at Room 132, Building TD. Book now or call +61 3 9214 3584 for more information.
- A recognised bachelor degree OR
- Two years equivalent full-time related professional experience* OR
- Three to five years equivalent full-time relevant experience that includes computer literacy OR
- Partially completed related tertiary qualification from AQF 6 and less than two years work experience
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: +61 3 9214 8444 (outside Australia)