Graduate Certificate of Financial Technologies
Blended learning – on-campus and digital learning
Prepare to launch into the fast-paced world of fintech innovation and entrepreneurship with a Graduate Certificate of Financial Technologies.
Study the application of technology concepts, critical thinking and problem-solving methodologies in financial contexts, and develop effective communication skills as needed for high-performing teams.
Learn a new blend of skills in creativity and logic to manage innovation and change in organisations across the financial services sector including credit unions, banks, insurance companies, and start-ups.
This course is co-designed and co-delivered by our industry partners. They ensure your learning experience is relevant with guest speakers and case studies, by sharing data and technology applications, and hosting seminars and site visits.
Course entry is based on your previous study and/or relevant full-time work experience.
Graduates may choose to proceed to the Master of Financial Technologies with advanced standing.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
Hawthorn (Semester 1, Semester 2) - View application and start dates
A$20100 (total for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Professionally accredited by
Course industry partners include
Swinburne joins forces with Bendigo Bank
Swinburne University of Technology has built on its ongoing partnership with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank to develop and deliver a Master of Financial Technologies (FinTech).
The first of its kind postgraduate course commenced in Semester One 2019, and is delivered through Swinburne’s Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship (AGSE).
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
The Graduate Certificate of Financial Technologies forms the first stage in a three-stage nested suite of programs consisting of:
- Graduate Certificate of Financial Technologies (GC-FINTEC)
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Technologies (GD-FINTEC) ^
- Master of Financial Technologies (MA-FINTEC1)
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Certificate of Financial Technologies students must complete 4 units (50 credit points) comprising:
- 4 Core units of study
Units of study
Want to know more about the units that make up your course, how many units you need to complete, our recommended study sequence, and what your timetable looks like this year? Check out our Course Planner and get enrolled.
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities and course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
- apply coherent and advanced knowledge of technology concepts in diverse financial services contexts and applications using critical thinking
- apply problem-solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences and function as an effective member or leader of a team within project work
- demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional practices in a FinTech environment and sustainable context.
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn at Room 132, Building TD. Book now or call +61 3 9214 3584 for more information.
- a bachelor degree (or higher award) in a related discipline from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent;
- a recognised bachelor degree (or higher award) in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two (2) years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience*
- a minimum of three years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience*
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: +613 9214 8444 (outside Australia)
Free call: 1300 794 628 (within Australia)