Graduate Certificate of Educational Studies
non-teaching, Swinburne Online - online delivery only
6 months full time or part time equivelent
Online (March, July, November) - View application and start dates
2023 Start Dates
Study with Swinburne Online
With Swinburne Online, the learning experience is 100% online and studied at your own pace. Our courses are built for the jobs of the future with a focus on collaboration and our flexible learning environment empowers you to study on your own terms. They are developed by leaders in the field and taught by professionals with industry experience.
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
- 2 educational foundation units (25 credit points)
- 2 educational discipline units (25 credit points)
Units of study
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities and course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
On successful completion of this programme the learner will be able to:
- Develop advanced knowledge of the theories and practice of learning, teaching and pedagogy
- Apply knowledge of the key issues, policies and theoretical concepts impacting primary education in Australia, including the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and global contexts.
- Reflect on learning and take responsibility and accountability for personal development in the context of primary education
- Use independent judgement and apply contemporary educational knowledge to novel or new contexts
- Evaluate and articulate key issues, stakeholder needs and a range of perspectives in relation to primary education
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and non-year 12 entry.
|2023 rate*||Estimated total cost of the course||Estimated cost of the course per year if studying full-time*||Annual Amenities fee if studying full-time*|
||$11,880||$11,880||See how your SSAF is calculated|
How do I pay my fees?
FEE-HELP is a loan given to eligible full-fee paying higher education students to help pay part or all of their tuition fees. The Commonwealth Government pays the amount of the loan directly to Swinburne.
The total tuition fee is dependent upon the combination of units of study selected by the student. Fees are reviewed each year. Find out more about fees.
Applicants to this award require a completed Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification.
Meeting the minimum entry requirements for the course does not guarantee offer of a place. See Admissions at Swinburne, for general information about admission process.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: 1300 069 765