Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity Management
Swinburne Online - online delivery only
Beat the hackers at their own game.
The Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity Management is a contemporary online course that introduces concepts relating to hacking behaviour, social engineering and other human factors. Developing operational management strategies within a cybersecurity framework allows students to gain a deeper understanding of how the world of cyber law, policy and ethics work. This course also has a strong focus on managing cybersecurity teams, processes and governance to support business needs. A course for people who want to support cybersecurity management.
Stop saying next year. Start in Semester 2.
Applications to begin midyear are now open. Are you ready to stop feeling undervalued? To stop pretending to be happy? To stop dreaming small? Apply now
6 months full-time or equivalent part-time
Online (March, July, November) - View application and start dates
2023 Start Dates
Study with Swinburne Online
With Swinburne Online, the learning experience is 100% online and studied at your own pace. Our courses are built for the jobs of the future with a focus on collaboration and our flexible learning environment empowers you to study on your own terms. They are developed by leaders in the field and taught by professionals with industry experience.
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
- Four core units of study (50 credit points)
The maximum level of credit that can be granted for the Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity Management is 25 credit points (normally two units)
Units of study
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities, course aims and objectives and graduate skills.
Aims and objectives
- critically analyse cybersecurity in an organisational context, that respects organisational goals and needs, other individuals and the need for privacy
- apply knowledge to the interrelated social, technical, legal and ethical issues involved in the exploitation of computer technology
- critically review and evaluate the current literature on emerging topics within cybersecurity management and apply knowledge, research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of independent research in cybersecurity management
- apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, adaptability, and responsibility as a practitioner or learner in the cybersecurity area.
- capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas
- entrepreneurial in contributing to innovation and development within their business, workplace or community
- effective and ethical in work and community situations
- adaptable and able to manage change, and
- aware of local and international environments in which they will be contributing.
Pathways and scholarships
- Recognition of prior learning and scholarships.
Course fees and requirements
- Entry requirements and non-year 12 entry.
|2023 rate*||Estimated total cost of the course||Estimated cost of the course per year if studying full-time*||Annual Amenities fee if studying full-time*|
||$16,350||$16,350||See how your SSAF is calculated|
How do I pay my fees?
FEE-HELP is a loan given to eligible full-fee paying higher education students to help pay part or all of their tuition fees. The Commonwealth Government pays the amount of the loan directly to Swinburne.
A recognised bachelor degree as well as three years of managerial work experience.
Non Graduate Special Entry
Five years managerial work experience.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: 1300 069 765