Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity Management
Swinburne Online - online delivery only
Beat the hackers at their own game.
The Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity Management is a contemporary online course that introduces concepts relating to hacking behaviour, social engineering and other human factors. Developing operational management strategies within a cybersecurity framework allows students to gain a deeper understanding of how the world of cyber law, policy and ethics work. This course also has a strong focus on managing cybersecurity teams, processes and governance to support business needs. A course for people who want to support cybersecurity management.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
This course is currently in transition.
The course code, title, units, and content may change. Further information will become available on our website, upon enrolment or during your studies. To discuss your study options, please get in touch with us today.
Online (March, July, November) - View application and start dates
A$19300 (total for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Study with Swinburne Online
With Swinburne Online, the learning experience is 100% online and studied at your own pace. Our courses are built for the jobs of the future with a focus on collaboration and our flexible learning environment empowers you to study on your own terms. They are developed by leaders in the field and taught by professionals with industry experience.
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
- Four core units of study (50 credit points)
The maximum level of credit that can be granted for the Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity Management is 25 credit points (normally two units)
Units of study
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities and course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
- critically analyse cybersecurity in an organisational context, that respects organisational goals and needs, other individuals and the need for privacy
- apply knowledge to the interrelated social, technical, legal and ethical issues involved in the exploitation of computer technology
- critically review and evaluate the current literature on emerging topics within cybersecurity management and apply knowledge, research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of independent research in cybersecurity management
- apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, adaptability, and responsibility as a practitioner or learner in the cybersecurity area.
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn at Room 132, Building TD. Book now or call +61 3 9214 3584 for more information.
A recognised bachelor degree as well as three years of managerial work experience.
Five years managerial work experience.
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 79 with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20
- Pearson (PTE) minimum score of 58 (no communicative skills less than 50)
- any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency.
Find out more about English language requirements.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: +61 3 9214 8444 (outside Australia)