Students’ career opportunities are enhanced by improving their leadership and management capabilities, and learning to operate effectively in a changing, complex and turbulent environment. The Swinburne MBA prepares students to successfully improve and manage their careers while leading and managing enterprises in a complex, global and competitive environment.
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration is designed for high-performing students who are looking to build skills as a business manager. The course covers a range of topics relating to aspects of business management and the development of core capabilities required to lead effectively in a rapidly changing business environment.
The course allows articulation into the Graduate Diploma of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration and associated combined courses.
At completion of the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration, graduates should be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
3. Apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a model using appropriate business methods and tools
4. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use the basic tools and practices of business within project work
5. Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
6. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning