Graduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision
Blended learning – on-campus and digital learning
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision course provides high quality multidisciplinary training in clinical supervision for professionals working in the mental health area.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
Contact Executive Counselling & Training Academy*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision course provides high quality multidisciplinary training in clinical supervision for professionals working in the mental health area. The course is intended to address a growing gap between demand and availability of comprehensive training in the area of clinical supervision.
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
- Foundation units (25 credit points)
- Specialist unit (12.5 credit points)
- Practical unit - introductory (12.5 credit points)
The maximum level of credit that can be granted for the Graduate Certificate of Clinical Supervision is 25 credit points (normally two units).
Units of study
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities and course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
- apply cognitive skills to review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge and identify and provide solutions to complex problems within the supervisory context, and to think critically to generate and evaluate complex ideas
- apply specialised and advanced technical and creative skills in the professional practice of supervision
- use communication skills to demonstrate an advanced and broad understanding of theoretical concepts in supervision, to transfer complex knowledge and ideas to a variety of audiences
- demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills to make high level, independent judgements in a range of technical or management functions in varied specialised clinical contexts
- initiate, plan, implement and evaluate supervision practice within varied specialised technical and/or creative contexts
- demonstrate responsibility and accountability for personal outputs and all aspects of the supervisory work or function of others (e.g., supervisees).
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
- Completion of an approved undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a related discipline from a recognised university or equivalent institution; and
- Completion of a government recognised program in counselling training at a satisfactory standard or completion of a program in a related discipline at professional certificate level, which in the opinion of the Selection Committee, is suitable preparation for entry into the program
Fax: +65 6334 2911
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
How to apply
Executive Counselling and Training Academy
210 Middle Road
Singapore Pools Building
Tel: +65 6346 6411
Fax: +65 6334 2911