The students graduating from this program will be para-professionals within the engineering and technology industries. Their learning will be focussed in one of fields: Advanced Manufacturing or Cloud Technologies. The types of roles they may be employed in include:
- Service Technician
- Application Services Associate Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Mechatronic/Manufacturing Technologist
Students develop capabilities required within the Industry 4.0 framework across a range of disciplines in technical engineering skills combined with information technology; innovation; design thinking; product life cycle management, including project management, teamwork and personal skills.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Demonstrate within a broad range of engineering or digital technology contexts the capacity to plan and manage an optimised information flow from ideation to end-of-use utilising product lifecycle management processes
- Research, design and solve problems in engineering or digital technology applications utilising a range of emerging digital technology skills and knowledge.
- Apply a range of engineering, scientific, mathematical and statistical principles to analyse, design, optimize and commission an Industry 4.0 system solution using a range of software tools.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct, professional accountability and self-management and an awareness of social and environmental impacts of Industry 4.0 practices.
- Within the context of Industry 4.0, implement an innovative, collaborative and entrepreneurial approach to the development of an engineering or digital technology product.