Associate Professor Aimin Yu
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- AS 214 Hawthorn campus
Dr Aimin Yu received her PhD in Chemistry at Nanjing University (China) in 1997. After being a Lecturer at the same university for three years, Aimin took a postdoctoral position at Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces (Germany). Aimin moved to Australia in 2003 and worked as a research fellow at the University of Melbourne, and the ARC Centre of Excellence for Functional Materials (University of Queensland). Aimin joined Swinburne in 2010. Currently, she is an Associate Professor in Chemistry, as well as the Academic Director of Research Training for School of Science. Aimin is also a member of the University Higher Degree Research Committee and Faculty Research Committee.
Her main research fields are focused on the synthesis, functionalization and application of nanostructured materials, including nanoparticles, 2D nanosheets, thin film/coatings and nanocomposites. Aimin has co-authored more than 140 journal articles in these areas with an h-index of 33. Currently she leads the Swinburne Functional Materials and Surfaces Group with 10 PhD students.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?hl=en&user=kf8PdpcAAAAJ
Nanostructured Materials; Colloids and Interface Science; Analytical Chemistry; Surface Analysis; Graphene
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Nanotechnology - 100700
- Synthesis Of Materials - 030306
- Physical Chemistry (incl. Structural) - 030600
Colloids and Interface Science;Food Science;Materials Science;Organic Chemistry
- 2018, National, Swinburne Delegate of WATTLE Women Leadership Program, WATTLE Committee
- 2018, Swinburne, FSET Women Researcher of the Year, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2016, National, The Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE) Research Award, The Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering
- 2012, National, The Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE) Research Award, The Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering
- 2006, Other, The First-level Prize of Science and Technology Award of Chinese University, Education Ministry of China
- 2003, International, JSPS PostDoc Research Fellowship, Science and Technology Agency of Japan
- 2001, Other, The First-level Prize of Science and Technology Award of Chinese University, Education Ministry of China
Also published as: Yu, Aimin; Yu, A.; Yu, A. M.; Yu, Ai-Min
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Grant information is currently offline and as such is unable to be displayed here. A further update will be provided in mid-January 2019.
There are no media items to display