- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications, Electrical, Robotics and Biomedical Engineering
- ATC828 Hawthorn campus
Zhihong received his B.Eng degree from Shanghai Jiaotong University, China, in 1982, M.Sc degree from Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1987, and PhD degree from the University of Melbourne, Australia, in 1994. From 1994 to 1996, Zhihong was the Lecturer in the Department of Computer and Communication Engineering at Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia. From 1996 to 2001, he was the Lecturer and then Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering at The University of Tasmania, Australia. In 2001, he was the Visiting Senior Fellow in the School of Computer Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. From 2002 to 2007, he was the Associate Professor of Computer Engineering at NTU. From 2007 to 2008, Zhihong was with Monash University Sunway Campus (Malaysia), where he served as the Professor and Head of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, the Chair of the Research Committee of the School of Engineering, and the Chair of the Monash Sunway Campus Research Committee. Zhihong is currently the Professor of Robotics and Mechatronics in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia.
Zhihong’s research interests are in nonlinear control, signal processing, robotics, neural networks, fuzzy systems, engineering optimization, diagnosis of industrial systems, vehicle dynamics and control. He has published more than 200 papers in refereed international journals and refereed international conferences proceedings. Since 1994,
Zhihong was the Guest Editor of 6 Special Issues on neural networks, diagnosis of industrial systems and nonlinear control, published in ISCI and ERA journals. Zhihong has been involved in many international conferences in control, robotics, signal processing, neural networks and industrial electronics as General Chair, Program Committee Chair, Track Chair, Session Chair, and the International Advisory Committee and Technical Committees member, including the Chair of the Technical Committee of the third IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA 2008) and the co–Chair of the Program Committee of the Fourth IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA 2009).
In addition, Zhihong received the Nanyang Technological University Best Teacher Award in 2004, and the Most Popular Lecturer in the School of Computer Engineering at NTU from 2002 to 2007.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Assistive Robots And Technology - 400701
- Automation Engineering - 400702
- Field Robotics - 400706
- Medical Robotics - 400709
- Reinforcement Learning - 461105
Also published as: Man, Zhihong; Man, Z.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Repetitive Control Systems in Networked Environments *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2017: Customer behavioural modelling and decision science applicationsAMSI Intern Program - Student Lingkai (Lincoln) Xing *; Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute Intern Program
- 2014: Real time intelligent data mining for the Squeak and Rattle problem *; AUTO CRC - Data mining for Squeak and Rattle
- 2013: Component-level fault prognosis for airfcraft systems *; Defence Science and Technology Organisation
- 2012: From diesel to electric: a new era in personnel transport for underground coal mines *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2011: Component-level Fault Prognosis for Aircraft Propulsion Systems *; Defence Science and Technology Organisation
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display