Dr Agung Yoga Sembada
PhD (Marketing), Monash Business School, Australia; MBA, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- Hawthorn campus
Agung Yoga Sembada (Yoga) is a Lecturer in Marketing at Faculty of Business and Law, Swinburne University. He completed his PhD in Marketing from Monash University in 2014.
He has a wide range of multicultural experiences having taught marketing in three countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, and Australia. He also actively collaborates with industry partners and have engagements with established institutions such as L'Oreal Malaysia, The Indonesian Central Bank, and Neon Cosmetics in Australia. Having owned a small business during his college years, he continues to be passionate about startups and have collaborated with BubbleSports.my in Malaysia, as well as Bukalapak.com in Indonesia.
His research interests include Services Marketing, Consumer Psychology, Social Media Commerce, and Hospitality & Tourism in developing economies. He has published in Journals such as Journal of Service Research, Journal of Service Marketing, and Australasian Marketing Journal among others.
Lastly, he is keen to contribute to the development of Indonesian human capital. He is a member of the Indonesian Academics and Researchers Network Australia (IARNA) and often contributes to the Indonesian discourse through engagements with the Indonesian Student Association of Australia and the media such as The Conversation Indonesia and Pikiran Rakyat.
Innovation; Services Marketing; Consumer Psychology; Hospitality & Tourism
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Consumer-oriented Product Or Service Development - 150501
- Marketing Management (incl. Strategy And Customer Relations) - 150503
Services Marketing;Consumer Psychology;Marketing Fundamentals
- 2013, International, 1st Prize "For Better Indonesia" essay competition, Bank Negara Indonesia
- 2012, National, 3rd place, Three Minute Thesis competition, Monash University
- 2010, International, Postgraduate Scholarship, Australian Leadership Awards
Also published as: Sembada, Agung; Sembada, A.; Sembada, A. Y.; Sembada, Agung Y.; Sembada, Agung Yoga
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Assessing Brand Effectiveness in Digital Short Form Content *; Klip Desk Holdings Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display