Dr Yvonne Durandet
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Product Design Engineering
- ATC839 Hawthorn campus
Dr Yvonne Durandet is a Senior Lecturer in Advanced Manufacturing, and Academic Director Employability & Work Integrated Learning. She has over 10 years of industrial experience. She successfully led R&D projects for the CAST Cooperative Research Centre, and was awarded the David StJohn CAST Industry Partners’ Award in 2009, based on nominations by Henrob (UK) Pty Ltd and BlueScope Steel for achievements in laser assisted self-pierce riveting and in laser surfacing of Al-Zn-Si coatings respectively. She received two CAST commercialisation awards in 2010 for laser assisted joining and laser assisted cutting technologies.
Prior to joining Swinburne, she was a Senior Research Engineer at BHP where she led strategic projects on twin roll strip casting of steel, near net shape casting of non-ferrous metals, direct casting of steel wires and continuous hot dip metallic coatings of steel sheets.
She has over 60 publications in journals and conference proceedings. She has capabilities and research interests in metallurgical and surface engineering, casting and solidification, welding and joining, laser processing of materials and net shape manufacturing processes such as additive manufacturing.
Additive and Near Net Shape Manufacturing; Manufacturing Porcesses; Materials Characterisation; Surface Engineering; Thermal Spray and Laser Processing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Metals And Alloy Materials - 091207
- Mechanical Engineering - 091300
Additive and Near Net Shape Manufacturing;Manufacturing Porcesses;Advanced Manufacturing Technology;Laser Processing of Materials
- 2010, National, CAST Commercialsiation Award (laser assisted cutting technology), CAST CRC
- 2010, National, CAST Commercialisation Award (laser assisted joining technology), CAST CRC
- 2009, National, David StJohn CAST Industry Partners Award, CAST CRC
- 1985, International, PhD scholarship, University of Adelaide
- 1984, International, 1-yr scholarship, Australian-European Award Program
Also published as: Durandet, Yvonne; Durandet, Y.; Durandet, Y. C.; Durandet, Yvonne C.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: 3D printing of automotive spare parts and high value accessories *; Excellerate Australia
- 2017: Hybrid Composite Materials and Structures *; DMTC
- 2016: Casting of recycled steel used in cathode collector bars *; Innovation Connections
- 2014: Development of metal/polymer hybrid structures *; AutoCRC - Development of metal/polymer hybrid structres
- 2013: Henrob SPR process curve characterisation *; Department of State Development Business and Innovation - Voucher Program
- 2013: Use of Self-Piercing Rivets with Ultra-High Strength Steel Panels *; AUTO CRC Virtual Design and Manufacturing
- 2013: Visiting Researcher Scheme 2013 - Dr Briskham *; Research Advisory Group - Visiting Researcher Scheme 2013
- 2010: CAST CRC scholarship agreement - Remya Mathew Valavanal *; CRC for Cast Metals Manufacturing (CAST CRC)
- 2010: CAST Scholarship for Gayan Rathnaweera *; CRC for CAST Metals Manufacturing
- 2010: CAST Scholarship for Rezwanul Haque *; CRC for CAST Metals Manufacturing
- 2009: Compact alloy processing in a Micro Mill Environment - 'MICRO-CAP' (CAST CRC) *; Compact alloy processing in a micro mill environment
- 2009: Lightweight Modular Vehicle Platform AutoCRC Project Agreement (Tracy Ruan) *; Automotive Australia CRC 2020
* Chief Investigator