Dr Vlad Demsar
Doctor of Philosophy (Marketing), Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Business (Honours), Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Business (Management), Monash University, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA1109 Hawthorn campus
Vlad is a Lecturer of Marketing at Swinburne Business School. His academic research extends into the areas of consumer culture, consumer behaviour, online trolling, and social media crisis management. His work has been published in marketing journals such as the Journal of Marketing Management, Australasian Marketing Journal and Business Horizons.
Vlad has extensive consulting experience in the fields of commercial market research, strategic marketing, and digital marketing through his previous role as as a Senior Consultant at Lewers Research, and current roles as a Managing Director of both Dassier, and Sky High Digital. He has worked closely with some of Australia’s biggest brands in telecommunications, banking and finance, beverages, retail, FMCG, toys, and technology; as well as helping many small and medium size businesses to take their first steps, grow and transform.
Vlad has experience teaching a variety of marketing units at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, including units taught in traditional, blended and flipped classroom approaches. At present, he is convening and lecturing Global Digital Marketing as part of the Masters of Marketing, and Frontiers in Digital Marketing as part of the Bachelor of Business (Marketing).
Consumer Culture; Online Trolling; Customer Experience; Sustainability; Social Media Crisis Management
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Marketing Theory - 150506
- Marketing Communications - 150502
- Marketing Management (incl. Strategy And Customer Relations) - 150503
Digital Marketing;Market Research;Consumer Behaviour;Marketing Strategy;Marketing Insights
Also published as: Demsar, Vlad; Demsar, V.; Demsar, Valdimir; Demsar, Vladimir
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: The Australian Leadership Index *; SteveGraham
* Chief Investigator
- 2021-02-25: Small business might be key to Australia’s recovery, but a collective effort is required - SmartCompany
- 2020-11-12: Pandemic widens gap between government and Australians view of education - The Conversation
- 2020-10-16: Blunders aside, most Australians believe state premiers have been effective leaders during pandemic - The Conversation