Dr Vlad Demsar
Doctor of Philosophy (Marketing), Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Business (Honours), Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Business (Management), Monash University, Australia
Vlad is a Marketing Lecturer and Co-Director of the Customer Experience and Insight (CXI) Research Group at Swinburne University of Technology. He has extensive experience in bringing together academic knowledge and practical research insights to help organisations solve business problems related to marketing strategy, customer experience, and emerging technologies. His academic research extends into consumer culture, digital cultures, consumer behaviour, advertising, marketing, digital marketing, and social media. Vlad has published numerous peer-reviewed studies in leading academic journals including the Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Macromarketing, Journal of Retail and Consumer Services, Journal of Advertising Research, Australasian Marketing Journal, Business Horizons and Sustainability.
Vlad has extensive consulting experience in the fields of commercial market research, strategic marketing, and digital marketing through his previous role as a Senior Consultant at Lewers Research, and ongoing roles as a Founder/Director of both Dassier, and Sky High Digital. He has worked closely and collaboratively with some of Australia’s biggest brands in telecommunications, banking and finance, beverages, retail, FMCG, toys, and technology; as well as helping many small and medium size businesses to take their first steps, grow, and transform.
Vlad has taught a variety of marketing units at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, including units taught in traditional, blended, and flipped classroom approaches. At present, he is convening and lecturing Global Digital Marketing as part of the Masters of Marketing, and Frontiers in Digital Marketing as part of the Bachelor of Business (Marketing).
Prior to joining Swinburne, he held a part-time teaching and research role at Monash University.
Consumer Culture; Customer Experience; Digital Cultures; Leadership; Consumer Behaviour; Advertising; Social Media; Marketing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Marketing Theory - 350608
- Marketing Communications - 350604
- Marketing Management (incl. Strategy And Customer Relations) - 350605
Digital Marketing;Market Research;Consumer Behaviour;Marketing Strategy;Marketing Insights
- 2019, Other, Monash Postgraduate Publication Award, Monash University
- 2016, Other, Doctoral Coursework Award, Advanced Quantitative Research Methods, Monash University
- 2016, Other, Doctoral Coursework Award, Advanced Qualitative Research Methods, Monash University
- 2015, Other, Sir Donald Cochrane Award, Monash University
- 2015, Other, Monash Dean’s Postgraduate Research Excellence Award, Monash University
- 2015, Other, Monash Dean’s Postgraduate Research Excellence Award , Monash University
- 2015, National, Australian Postgraduate Award, Australian Federal Government
- 2011, National, Australian Marketing and Social Research Society Traineeship, Australian Marketing and Social Research Society
- 2010, Other, Monash Academic Excellence Scholarship, Monash University
- 2010, Other, Dean's Honour List, Monash University
- 2009, Other, Dean's Commendation List, Monash University
Also published as: Demsar, Vlad; Demsar, V.; Demsar, Valdimir; Demsar, Vladimir
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2023: Participatory Melbourne *; Menzies Foundation Partnerships
- 2021: Australian Leadership Index *; The Graham Family Foundation Fund Scheme
- 2021: State of MarTech Thought Leadership White Paper *; The Lumery Pty Ltd Fund Scheme
- 2018: The Australian Leadership Index *; SteveGraham
* Chief Investigator
- 2023-02-16: Spillover effect: How retailers can minimise risk when chasing viral trends - Inside Retail
- 2022-10-17: Looking for a leadership speech? Former PM Scott Morrison is now available for hire - SmartCompany
- 2022-10-04: Australians’ confidence in government integrity has increased since election, study finds - The Guardian