Dr YEHUDA (UDI) Weizman
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- AMDC building Hawthorn campus
Udi is an Electronics Engineer specializing in innovative smart wearables in the fields of health and sport. Research applications he has worked on include: soccer, climbing, Kendo sword fighting, AFL and rowing.
Udi worked five years in telecommunications and electronics engineering, before returning to academia to complete his PhD in smart wearable technology; developing a smart soccer boot which measures advanced parameters in foot to ball impact. This work will lead to the practical implementation of the boot in identifying a favourable combination of parameters to deliver a successful curved kick.
Udi continues his research in smart wearable technology at Swinburne's Centre for Design Innovation, as part of Professor Tino Fuss' team. In particular, Udi was instrumental in the development of “Bio-feedback Insoles for Management and Prevention of Diabetic Foot Ulcers”, and now continues this research in collaboration with the Wound Management Innovation CRC.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Design Practice And Management - 120300
Also published as: Weizman, YEHUDA; Weizman, Y.; Weizman, Yehuda
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Multisensory and personalised stress relaxation system *; Rismik Fund Scheme
- 2018: Bus replacement services for rail passenger service disruptions *; iMOVECRC
- 2017: Augmented Reality Application to Assist People Living with Dementia *; Alzheimer's Australia Victoria
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display