Professor Takemi Sugiyama
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Sydney, Australia; Master of Architecture, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, United States; Bachelor of Engineering, Nagoya University, Japan
- School of Social Sciences, Media, Film and Education
- Centre for Urban Transitions
- Hawthorn campus
Takemi Sugiyama’s research explores the nexus between design and health. With his interdisciplinary background in architecture, urban design and behavioural epidemiology, he currently works on the following topics: urban design attributes facilitating adults’ active living; health impact of active and sedentary transport; and office design factors related to workers’ movement and interactions.
Public and Environmental Health; Epidemiology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Urban And Regional Planning - 330400
- Public Health - 420600
- 2019, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Web of Science
- 2019, National, Australia’s top 40 researchers , The Australian
- 2017, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Web of Science
Also published as: Sugiyama, Takemi; Sugiyama, T.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2023: Designing liveable neighbourhoods to support healthy ageing *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display