Associate Professor Tapio Simula
D.Sc. (Tech.), Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
- School of Science
- Centre for Quantum and Optical Science
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- EN138 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Tapio was awarded a D.Sc. (Tech.) degree in 2003 by Helsinki University of Technology.
Ultracold Quantum Gases; Dynamical systems; Fluid Mechanics
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Experimental Projects: Experimental projects will be offered in the area of hydrodynamical quantum analogs starting from mid 2019. See ___https://arxiv.org/abs/1807.06879___ Please contact Tapio via email to discuss possibilities in further detail.
Theory Projects: A broad range of theoretical and computational projects are available. Some recent examples can be found at ___ https://arxiv.org/a/simula_t_1.html ___ Please contact Tapio via email to discuss the possibilities in further detail.
Available to supervise honours students.
Honours topics and outlines
Experimental Projects: See PhD topics, these can be tailored to suit Honours Level
Theory Projects: See PhD topics, these can be tailored to suit Honours Level
Fields of Research
- Quantum Physics - 510800
- 2017, International, APS Outstanding Referee , American Physical Society
Also published as: Simula, Tapio; Simula, T.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Determining the mass and geometric phase of a superfluid vortex *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2018-08-30: Radio Interview with Sonya Feldhoff - ABC Radio Adelaide
- 2015-12-14: Comment for: Unravelling Jupiter's giant storms - Cosmos Magazine
- 2014-11-04: The journey to the other side of absolute zero - The Conversation
- 2013-03-04: Comment for: 'Smoke rings' tie up physics challenge - ABC News in Science