Dr Tilak Pokharel
PhD in Engineering, The University of Melbourne, Australia; Masters in Structural/Earthquake Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Construction
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC 712 Hawthorn campus
Dr Tilak Pokharel is an AEFAC National Technical Manager at the Swinburne University of Technology. He received his PhD from the University of Melbourne and his master’s degree from the University of Tokyo.
He has experience working in the industry as an Earthquake and structural engineer of over 10 years. His main research interests are finite element modelling, steel and composite construction, anchorage and earthquake-resistant design.
Dr. Pokharel currently sits in the standard development committee (ME-029) and is drafting leader for the Australian Standard AS 5216.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Structural Engineering - 090506
- Construction Engineering - 090502
- Earthquake Engineering - 090504
- 2018, International, Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing Award, Elsevier
- 2016, Other, Professional or Academic Achievement Excellence Award, 2016, Nepalese Association of Victoria
- 2009, Other, Civil Engineering Excellence Award, Tribhuvan University
Also published as: Pokharel, Tilak; Pokharel, T.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Recycled plastic ROBOVOID Construction Solution *; CRC Projects
- 2018: Assessment of new anchors in super workable concrete *; Robovoid Pty Ltd Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator