Dr Vincent Wen
PhD, Deakin University, Australia; PhD, Central South University, China
I received my PhD degree from Deakin University, Melbourne, in October 2014. Now, I am working full-time as an Associate Professor in Swinburne University of Technology. I managed several research projects in the last few years. Since early 2015, I have received over seven million Australia Dollars’ funding from both academia and industries, including three ARC Linkage Projects, two Discovery projects, CSRIO-Defence Joint Projects as well as many industry-initiated research projects. I am the leading CI for many of the projects. I am now the Director of Blockchain Innovation Lab and the Deputy Director of Swinburne Cybersecurity Lab in Swinburne University. I am also leading a medium-sized research team with co-/supervised PhD students in the system security area. In addition, I have published over 100 high-quality papers, including top conference papers such as papers in IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, USENIX Sec, NDSS, ICSE, FSE and WWW, as well as many papers in IEEE/ACM transactions series journals. Some of these papers are with high impact factors or become highly cited papers. All these achievements demonstrate that I am a leading researcher in the cybersecurity domain in Australia. Due to my outstanding performance, I was invited to SBS Audio to talk about cybersecurity as an area expert. I was also invited to Australia Parliament as a young scientist to talk with senators about cybersecurity research development.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Distributed Computing And Systems Software - 460600
- Software And Application Security - 460406
- System And Network Security - 460407
- 2021, Swinburne, Annual SCET Research Excellence, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2015, National, Scientists Meet Senators, Australian Parliament
- 2015, Other, Annual ECR Research Excellence, Deakin University
- 2014, Other, Deakin Research Excellence, Deakin University
Also published as: Wen, Vincent; Wen, V.; Wen, Sheng; Wen, S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2023: Security and Robustness of On-device Machine Learning Systems *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2022: DHA Subcontract - 6G Security & Development *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2022: MemberGuard: Protecting Machine Learning Privacy from Membership Inference *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2022: S-CCSC: Security of Cross-chain Smart Contract *; Ethereum Foundation Fund Scheme
- 2021: Defending AI based FinTech Systems against Model Extraction Attacks *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2020: Algorithm trading research and online service delivery of contract for difference (CFD) *; Renhe Group
- 2020: An efficient and scalable design of blockchain system *; Asta Solutions Fund Scheme
- 2020: Building an Encrypted and Searchable NoSQL Data Store *; Oceania Cyber Security Centre Limited (OCSC Company)
- 2020: Developing Adversary-Aware Classifiers for Android Malware Detection *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2020: Efficient and effective real-time filtering of social media content *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2020: Faculty growth scholarship *; Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology - Internal Contributions
- 2019: Adversarial Deep Learning in Malware Detection *; DATA61
- 2019: Building Trust with Distributed Ledgers for Digital Platforms *; DATA61
- 2019: Detecting Firmware Vulnerabilities in Smart Home Devices *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2019: UbiSENSE (ubiquitous sensing) for Cities (D61 Challenge: E01) (A scalable way of evaluating the security of commercial IoT devices) *; DATA61
- 2018: Blockchain Lab Phase 1 Project (Artchain) *; ArtChain Global Pty Ltd
- 2017: Adversarial Machine Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2017: Deep Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display