Dr Saya Ramakrishnan
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Construction
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC732 Hawthorn campus
Dr Saya is an ARC DECRA Fellow at the Center for Sustainable Infrastructure (CSI), Swinburne University of Technology. He holds BSc Eng (Hons) Degree (First Class) from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, and PhD Degree from Swinburne University of Technology.
Saya’s research is mainly focused on sustainable construction materials, smart construction methods and energy efficiency in buildings. His DECRA project aims at developing active rheology control methods in concrete suited for concrete 3D printing applications. He is also passionate about implementing research developments for industrial practice and has therefore established research partnerships with the industrial sector during his career. Saya is one of the chief investigators for the successfully funded ($1.5 million) project titled “Manufacture of the Next Generation Speedpanel” which is in collaboration with IMCRC and industrial partner, Speedpanel.
Most of Saya’s articles were published in high impact journals, where two of his papers were recognised as being a “highly cited paper” in his field by the ESI database from Web of Science. He has also served regularly as a reviewer for leading academic journals, which includes Applied Energy and Energy and Buildings.
Sustainable construction materials; Advanced Concrete Technology; Building Energy Efficiency; 3D Concrete Printing; Sustainable built environment
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Construction Materials - 090503
- Structural Engineering - 090506
CSM80002-Environmental Sustainability in Construction;CVE20002-Computer Aided Engineering;ENG10003-Mechanics of Structures
- 2019, National, National Bursary Award (Highly Commended), Concrete Institute of Australia
- 2019, Swinburne, FSET ECR Excellence Award (Highly Commended), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2019, National, ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award, Australian Research Council
- 2018, International, Outstanding Reviewer, Elsevier
- 2018, Swinburne, HDR Outstanding Thesis Award (Highly Commended), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2017, Other, Excellence in high impact publication as a PhD student, CSIRO
- 2015, National, CSIRO Postgraduate Student Award, CSIRO
Also published as: Ramakrishnan, Saya; Ramakrishnan, S.; Ramakrishnan, Sayanthan
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Active rheology control of fresh concrete using responsive additives *; ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
- 2019: Manufacture of the Next Generation Speedpanel *; Independent Cement and Lime Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator