Dr Scott Menegon
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Construction
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
Dr Scott Menegon is a Research Fellow at Swinburne University of Technology. Scott received his BEng (Hons) from Queensland University of Technology; MEngStruct from the University of Melbourne; and PhD from Swinburne University of Technology where he was the joint inaugural recipient of the prestigious Dr William Piper Brown AM scholarship. Scott is a Chartered Professional Engineer (structural) and has experience designing buildings in the health, government, education, transport and residential sectors. Scott’s primary research interests include precast concrete structures; the design and experimental assessment of reinforced concrete walls and columns; and the seismic behaviour of reinforced concrete buildings in Australia and other regions of lower seismicity. Scott's research contributions to seismic design in Australia were recently recognised through being awarded the 2019 RW Chapman Medal from Engineers Australia.
- 2019, National, RW Chapman Medal, Engineers Australia
- 2019, Swinburne, Research Translation Commendation Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2019, Swinburne, Research Impact Award (1st in Science, Engineering and Technology), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2017, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2016, National, High Commendation in the Australian Steel Institute Victorian and Tasmanian Steel Excellence Awards, Australian Steel Institute
- 2013, Swinburne, Dr William Piper Brown AM scholarship, Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Menegon, Scott; Menegon, S.; Menegon, S. J.; Menegon, Scott J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Guide for Wanhua SIP Walls *; Ecomod Pty Ltd Fund Scheme
- 2020: Innovative Panel-to-Panel Precast Concrete Wall Connections for Multi-Storey Construction *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display