Distinguished Professor Saad Mekhilef
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications, Electrical, Robotics and Biomedical Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
Professor Dr. Saad Mekhilef is a Charted Engineer (CEng) and Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), and a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). He is an Associate Editor of various top journals such as IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics and the Journal of Power Electronics. He is a Distinguished Professor at the School of Science, Computing and Engineering Technologies, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, and an Honorary Professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Malaya. He authored and co-authored more than 400 publications in academic journals and proceedings and five books with more than 29,000 citations. He is frequently invited as honorary keynote lectures at international conferences, congress, meetings, and symposiums.
Prof. Mekhilef has been listed by Thomson Reuters (Clarivate Analytics) as one of the Highly Cited (Hi.Ci) engineering researchers in the world in 2018,2019 and 2020. He is actively involved in industrial consultancy for major corporations in the Power Electronics and Renewable Energy projects. His research interests include Power Conversion Techniques, Control of Power Converters, Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), Renewable Energy, and Energy Efficiency
Power Electronics, Renewable Energy
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Electrical Engineering - 400800
Renewable Energy;Power Electronics
- 2020, International, Highly Cited Researcher in the field of Engineering - 2020, Clarivate
- 2019, International, Highly Cited Researcher in the field of Engineering - 2019, Clarivate
- 2018, International, Highly Cited Researcher in the field of Engineering - 2018, Clarivate
- 2017, National, Excellence Service Award , University of Malaya
- 2015, National, Excellence Service Award, University of Malaya
- 2015, National, Best Teaching Award, University Malaya
- 2011, National, Excellence Service Award, University of Malaya
- 2005, National, Excellence Service Award, University of Malaya
- 2021 (current): Associate Editor, IET Renewable Power Generation, United Kingdom
- 2017 (current): Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, United States
- 2016 (current): Associate Editor, Journal of Power Electronics, Springer, Korea, Republic of
- 2020 (current): Editor, International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, United Kingdom
- 2019 (current): Associate Editor, IEEE Open Journal of Industrial Electronics, United States
- 2014 (current): Fellow, Institute of Engineering and Technology, United Kingdom
- 2013 (current): Select, Institute of Engineering and Technology, United Kingdom
- 2010 (current): Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, United States
Also published as: Mekhilef, S.; Mekhilef, Saad; Mekhilef, Said
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display