Dr Shakuntla Gondalia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Health Sciences
- Centre for Human Psychopharmacology
- ATC1009 Hawthorn campus
Dr Shakuntla Gondalia has received her PhD in 2014, which explored the possible role of gut microbiota in the condition like autism. Since 2015 Dr Gondalia has been a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Centre for Human Psychopharmacology where she has been involved in a range of clinical trials exploring gut microbiota and biological pathways by which nutraceutical intervention improves the health and cognitive performance. Her research aims to better understand the effective mechanisms of GI microbiota, nutritional and dietary intervention on individual’s physiological and psychological health condition.
Nutrition; Food Science; Cognitive Psychology; Microbiota
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Microbiology - 060500
- Bioinformatics - 060102
- Nutrition And Dietetics - 111100
- 2016, Swinburne, Early Career Researcher (ECR) – Swinburne University Postgraduate Research Award (SUPRA) Scheme, Swinburne University
Also published as: Gondalia, Shakuntla; Gondalia, S.; Gondalia, S. V.; Gondalia, Shakuntla V.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: i-Platform for microbiota analysis and visualisation *; SFI Research Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display