Dr Stephen Glackin
PhD Sociology, Murdoch University, Australia; MA Cultural studies, Murdoch University, Australia; BSc ComputerScience, Murdoch University, Australia
- School of Social Sciences, Media, Film and Education
- Centre for Urban Transitions
- EW112 Hawthorn campus
Stephen is currently investigating the applied factors required for sustainable urban transformation. These include urban planning, statutory regimes, community engagement, financial feasibility analysis, design (urban and built form), the data/software required by stakeholders to optimise the above and the governance models for cities. These fields of inquiry come from eight-year’s applied research into Greyfield Regeneration Precincts. Associated research includes geo-spatial analysis of urban environments, collating large data-sets across jurisdictional (state, municipal and infrastructural governance) boundaries, and developing decision support systems for planners and urban stakeholders.
Social impact; Data Visualisation; Software Engineering; Housing and Urban Studies; Sociology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Urban And Regional Planning - 330400
- Urban Sociology And Community Studies - 441016
- 2021, National, Victorian President's award for best overall project , Planning Institute of Australia
- 2016, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Award for Research Excellence (as a group), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2015, National, Commendation for Innovation in Planning, Planning Institute of Australia
- 2013, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Award for Research Excellence (Early Career), Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Glackin, Stephen; Glackin, S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: From mixed tenure development to mixed tenure neighbourhoods *; Monash University
- 2022: Green + Social Calculator - Carbon and Energy Extension *; Community Housing Industry Association
- 2021: EVIDENCE FOR TELEWORK INTO THE FUTURE AND IMPLICATIONS FOR WATER DEMAND *; Sydney Water Corporation
- 2020: Filtering as a source of low-income housing in Australia: conceptualisation and testing *; AHURI National Housing Research Program - Research Projects
- 2018: Unlocking the Suburbs *; CRC For Spatial Information - 2
- 2016: Community co-design of low carbon precincts for urban regeneration in established suburbs *; CRC Low Carbon Living
- 2016: Developing and implementing the `Greening the Greyfields? frameworks and tools across Australia and New Zealand *; CRC For Spatial Information - 2
- 2016: Urban objects and precincts and their performance under urban heat scenarios *; CRC Low Carbon Living
- 2013: Greyfield Precinct Identification e-Tool for incorporation in the AURIN e-Infrastructure *; CRC For Spatial Information - 2
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display