Mr Stephen Fankhauser
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Department of Aviation
- EN704 Hawthorn campus
Stephen Fankhauser has been at Swinburne University of Technology since 1993 and has been central to the development of Swinburne's aviation courses since that time. He was the Chair of the Aviation Department for many years and is now Deputy Chair. His ares of expertise are in aviation technology and flight training.
Aviation training and education; Aircraft technology
Fields of Research
- Other Technology - 109900
- 2007, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Industry Engagement Award, Swinburne
- 2005, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Intersectoral Collaboration, Swinburne
- 2001, Swinburne, Swinburne Excellence Award for Team Teaching, Swinburne
Also published as: Fankhauser, Stephen; Fankhauser, S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Grant information is currently offline and as such is unable to be displayed here. A further update will be provided in mid-January 2019.
- 2018-11-30: Student Loan Cap to Squeeze Trainee Pilots - The Australian
- 2018-10-12: Steep training-course fees are keeping new pilots out of the cockpit – and you stranded at the airport - The New Daily
- 2018-10-04: Averting a plane crash: what to do about the global pilot shortage - The Conversation
- 2017-08-04: Qantas flights QF7 to Dallas and QF63 to Johannesburg return to Sydney due to mechanical issues - ABC
- 2017-06-02: Blame Game - 10 News TV
- 2017-06-01: Malaysian Airlines MH128 Melbourne Incident - 9 News TV
- 2017-03-29: Engine failure ruled out as cause of fatal Essendon DFO plane crash - 7 News
- 2017-03-29: Essendon plane crash: Transport safety authority releases preliminary report - SBS News
- 2017-02-22: Essendon Plane Crash - ABC Radio
- 2017-02-22: Essendon plane crash: Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews defends airport's safety record - ABC News
- 2017-02-22: Light plane crashes happen, but aren't common - Sydney Morning Herald
- 2016-12-02: Swinburne partners with Jetstar for cadet pilot program - Swinburne News
- 2016-11-11: Pioneer female Qantas pilot Davida Forshaw says it wasn’t an easy ride to the top - Herald Sun