Mr Stephen Fankhauser
Stephen Fankhauser has been at Swinburne University of Technology since 1993 and has been central to the development of Swinburne's aviation courses since that time. He was the Chair of the Aviation Department for many years and is now Deputy Chair. His ares of expertise are in aviation technology and flight training.
Prior to Swinburne Stephen was a design Engineer at Government Aircraft Factories.
Aviation training and education; Aircraft technology
Fields of Research
- Agricultural Biotechnology - 300100
- Industrial Biotechnology - 310600
- Medical Biotechnology - 320600
- Communications Engineering - 400600
- Environmental Biotechnology - 410300
- 2019, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor’s Lifetime Achievement Award, Swinburne
- 2019, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Lifetime Achievement Award, Swinburne
- 2007, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Industry Engagement Award, Swinburne
- 2005, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Intersectoral Collaboration, Swinburne
- 2001, Swinburne, Swinburne Excellence Award for Team Teaching, Swinburne
Also published as: Fankhauser, Stephen; Fankhauser, S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
- 2020-06-25: Qantas sacks 6,000 workers - ABC Radio National
- 2020-04-22: Virgin Australia collapse brings back painful memories of Ansett failure - 7 News
- 2020-04-21: Echoes of Ansett past in Virgin's collapse - AAP The Courier
- 2020-04-20: Virgin Australia Bail Out - ABC News at noon
- 2020-04-17: Virgin Australia gets a lifeline, but will it be enough? - The Conversation
- 2020-02-21: Vic plane crash 'one in a million': expert - The Australian
- 2019-11-07: Qantas will keep Boeing and Airbus guessing as it mulls deal for its new $5b fleet - The New Daily
- 2019-11-02: Cracks to keep Qantas jets out for weeks - The Australian
- 2019-10-31: Boeing says dozens of 737NG planes grounded globally over cracks - Yahoo News
- 2019-10-31: Dozens of Boeing 737NG jetliners grounded worldwide due to cracks - CBS News
- 2019-10-31: Qantas rejects calls to ground 737 planes found with cracks - ABC Radio
- 2019-10-11: Student pilots rack up debt as flight school enrolments boom - The Australian
- 2019-02-11: Pacific countries strained under a global pilot shortage - ABC Radio Australia
- 2019-01-09: Pilot training academy approved for small town - ABC NEWS TV
- 2018-11-30: Student Loan Cap to Squeeze Trainee Pilots - The Australian
- 2018-10-12: Steep training-course fees are keeping new pilots out of the cockpit – and you stranded at the airport - The New Daily
- 2018-10-04: Averting a plane crash: what to do about the global pilot shortage - The Conversation
- 2017-08-04: Qantas flights QF7 to Dallas and QF63 to Johannesburg return to Sydney due to mechanical issues - ABC
- 2017-06-02: Blame Game - 10 News TV
- 2017-06-01: Malaysian Airlines MH128 Melbourne Incident - 9 News TV