Dr Siva Chandrasekaran
Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering Education), Deakin University, Australia; Master of Engineering (Microelectronics)/ Master of Engineering Science (Computer Systems & Microelectronics), Victoria University, Australia; Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science), Annamalai University, India
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- Learning Transformations
- TC 101 Partners Wing Hawthorn campus
Siva Chandrasekaran is a Lecturer of Engineering Education in the Engineering Practice Academy at the Swinburne University of Technology. He is a Chartered Professional Engineer in the practice area of Information, Telecommunications and Electronics, Project Management and Systems Engineering. He has graduated his BE (CSE) in India and ME, MES (Electronics) from Victoria University and PhD (Engineering Education) from Deakin University respectively.
Siva has made significant contributions in engineering education research and published more than 80 scholarly articles in the national/international peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings. Siva is an active researcher and his research interests include internet of things, cyber security, embedded systems and engineering education.
His education philosophy is founded on the Project-Oriented Design-Based Learning (PODBL) approach at Deakin University. Siva has facilitated workshops and seminar training on project-oriented design-based learning approach in AsiaPacific educational sectors.
Internet of Things; Automation and Control Systems; Engineering Education
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Principal Coordinating Supervisor students as Masters & Doctoral Supervision.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Higher Education - 130103
- Engineering Practice - 091503
- Science, Technology And Engineering Curriculum And Pedagogy - 130212
Internet of Things;Telecommunications, Electronics Engineering
- 2018, National, Chartered Professional, Engineers Australia
- 2018, Swinburne, ADLI Teaching Technology Grants, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2017 (current): Member, IEEE Transactions on Education, Select Country/Region
- 2012 - 2018: Reviewer, European Journal of Engineering Education, Europe
- 2015 - 2018: Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Australia
- 2014 - 2018: Member, International Federation of Engineering Education Society, Europe
- 2018 (current): Member, Engineers Australia, Australia
Also published as: Chandrasekaran, Siva; Chandrasekaran, S.; Chandrasekaran, Sivachandran; Chandraskaren, S.; Chandraskaren, Siva; Chandraskaren, Sivachandran
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display