Dr Subhash Abhayawansa
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- BA1229 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr Subhash Abhayawansa’s primary research interests are judgment and decision-making in capital markets, the role of financial intermediaries such as sell-side analysts and fund managers and sustainability and intellectual capital reporting practices of businesses. His most recent research focuses on the relevance of environmental, social and governance information voluntarily provided by organisations in the form of integrated reports – a recent innovation in business reporting. Dr Abhayawansa is recognised as an expert in intellectual capital research, having published many articles on the topic and been appointed to the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Intellectual Capital.
Dr Abhayawansa also publishes on topics relating to learning and teaching with a special focus on accounting education. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government (JCIBG), a cross-sectoral, interdisciplinary, scholarly journal published by Swinburne University of Technology. Prior to joining academia, he worked in the fields of market research, management consulting and capital markets regulation.
Dr Abhayawansa specialises in teaching financial accounting and accounting theory at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He has received several Teaching Excellence Awards for innovations in learning and teaching.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Accounting, Auditing And Accountability - 150100
- Specialist Studies In Education - 130300
- Banking, Finance And Investment Not Elsewhere Classified - 150299
Also published as: Abhayawansa, Subhash; Abhayawansa, S.; Abhayawansa, S. A.; Abhayawansa, Subhash Asanga
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Engaging with the sustainable development goals: evidence from Australian public sector entities *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2016: Does integrated reporting improve firm performance? *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2013: Does integrated reporting make a difference? Views of sell-side analysts *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2013: Investigating ways of supporting the operations of a remote indigenous non-government organisation: Designing business processes which suitably uphold local culture and lore *; Marra Worra Worra
- 2010: Exploring the use of IC information in company analysis: evidence from sell-side analysts *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2008: Evidence based research to support curriculum development for Higher Education and TAFE in accounting and finance *; AFAANZ Research Grants
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display