Associate Professor Subhash Abhayawansa
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- BA1229 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Subhash Abhayawansa is an Associate Professor in Accounting at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. Subhash has taught courses in the bachelors, masters and doctoral programs and won multiple awards for his teaching innovations. Subhash’s research interests are centred on reporting of business value creation and the use of non-financial information in judgment and decision-making. He has presented his research in multiple countries. His work has been published in more than 35 academic and practitioner journals including Contemporary Accounting Research, Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal and the British Accounting Review. Subhash sits on the editorial boards of several academic journals. He is also involved in the governance of secondary and higher education institutions and professional associations.
Subhash earned his doctorate in accounting at the University of Sydney for his thesis titled ‘sell-side analysts use and communication of intellectual capital information'. He holds an MBA from Deakin University and a Bachelor of Science, where he was awarded the gold medal for best academic performance. Subhash is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants in the U.K., CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand. Prior to joining academia, he worked in the fields of market research, supply chain management consulting and capital markets regulation.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Accounting, Auditing And Accountability - 350100
- Specialist Studies In Education - 390400
- Banking, Finance And Investment Not Elsewhere Classified - 350299
Also published as: Abhayawansa, Subhash; Abhayawansa, S.; Abhayawansa, S. A.; Abhayawansa, Subhash Asanga
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: The role of campaign disclosure and communication strategies in the crowdfunding strategies in the crowdfunding success of social enterprises *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2017: Engaging with the sustainable development goals: evidence from Australian public sector entities *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2016: Does integrated reporting improve firm performance? *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2013: Does integrated reporting make a difference? Views of sell-side analysts *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2013: Investigating ways of supporting the operations of a remote indigenous non-government organisation: Designing business processes which suitably uphold local culture and lore *; Marra Worra Worra
- 2010: Exploring the use of IC information in company analysis: evidence from sell-side analysts *; AFAANZ Research Grants
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display