Dr Reza Tajaddini
PhD in Finance, University of Otago, New Zealand; MBA, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- BA1018 Hawthorn campus
Dr Reza Tajaddini is Finance Discipline Leader and Course Director of Master of Financial Planning at Swinburne Business School. His research interests include the areas of cultural economics and finance and real estate investment.
Reza has published widely in finance and economics journals such as the journal of International Review of Finance, the Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics and the Journal of Policy Modeling. Reza is also on the reviewer board of Journal of Risk and Financial Management.
Prior to joining Swinburne in 2013, Reza obtained his PhD in Finance from the University of Otago, New Zealand. He also obtained a Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education from Swinburne in 2016.
Reza is recipient of the Faculty of Business and Law (FBL) 2015 Best Publication Award as an Early Career Researcher, the 2015 FBL Teaching Excellence Award and the Vice-Chancellor's 2017 Teaching Excellence (Higher Education) Award at the Swinburne University of Technology and the 2017 Australian Awards for University Teaching Citation (AAUT).
Cultural Finance and Economics; Real Estate Investment
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Applied Economics - 140200
Financial Risk Management;Business Modelling and Analysis;Corporate Finance
- 2020, International, Highly Commended Paper in the 2020 Emerald Literati Awards, International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis
- 2017, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence (Higher Education) Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2017, National, Australian Award for University Teaching Citation (AAUT), Department of Education and Training
- 2015, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award, Faculty of Business and Law
- 2015, Swinburne, Best Publication, Early Career Researcher, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2008, International, Best paper award, International Conference of Global Academy of Business & Economic Research (GABER)
- 2019 (current): Member, Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) Australia, Australia
- 2015 (current): Member, Academic representative for Swinburne University of Technology on the UniSuper Consultative Committee, Australia
- 2020 (current): Reviewer, Reviewer Board of Journal of Risk and Financial Management, Switzerland
Also published as: Tajaddini, Reza; Tajaddini, R.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: Five factors model in pricing Vietnamese equities *; Vietnam International Education Development
- 2015: Does Foreign Real Estate Investment in Australia Matter to Performance of Real Estate Investment Trusts and Construction Companies? *; AFAANZ Research Grants
* Chief Investigator
- 2020-08-26: Financial Planning at Swinburne University of Technology - YouTube
- 2020-07-10: Has a Covid-19 led recession arrived? How will Australia recover? - Swinburne Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship LinkedIn
- 2019-06-27: Finance course overview - Swinburne Online YouTube Chanenl
- 2019-06-17: Employment outcomes: finance - Swinburne Online YouTube Chanenl
- 2019-06-13: Financial planning industry outlook - Swinburne Online YouTube Chanenl
- 2019-06-13: Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning: overview - Swinburne Online YouTube Chanenl
- 2019-05-09: Technology and Future of Financial Services - Swinburne Commons
- 2019-04-29: It is the luxuries that give it away. To fight corruption, follow the goods - The Conversation
- 2019-04-12: LEARNING AND TEACHING SERIES: Showcase of student engagement approaches - Swinburne Commons
- 2019-02-11: Academics back advice profession over occupation - Money Management
- 2019-01-24: Swinburne addresses demand for qualified financial planners with new course - Swinburne News
- 2017-12-11: National Teaching Award Recipient: Dr Reza Tajaddini - Swinburne Commons YouTube Channel
- 2017-10-01: Blended learning strategies - Swinburne Commons
- 2017-09-21: Swinburne lecturers recognised among Australia’s best teachers - Swinburne University
- 2016-10-27: Asian home buyers less likely to default on their mortgage - Yahoo 7 Finance
- 2016-10-25: Asian home buyers less likely to default on their mortgage: study - EconoTimes
- 2016-10-24: Asian home buyers less likely to default on their mortgage: study - PROPERTYobserver
- 2016-07-05: Survey shows tourists prefer to spend time in happier countries - Australasian Leisure Management
- 2016-06-28: Tourism advertising: smiles needed - MindFood