Dr Rohan Shah
Doctor of Philosophy, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Graduate Diploma of Science (Biotechnology), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Pune, India
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- AS202 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr Rohan Shah is an early career researcher and an academic tutor in the Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, teaching into the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science (Biotechnology) programs. Also, he is a Visiting Research Scientist at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation. Rohan completed his PhD at Swinburne in 2016, as a recipient of the prestigious Victoria-India Doctoral Scholarship funded by the Department of State Development, Business and Innovation, Government of Victoria and managed by the Australia India Institute. In his PhD thesis, he developed a novel microwave-assisted strategy of producing lipid nanoparticles. He was awarded the Sparrho Early Career Researcher Prize for his research on lipid nanoaprticles in 2018. Rohan's research interests include lipid-based colloidal systems, metabolomics, value addition from food waste and neutron and X-ray scattering techniques.
Dr Shah is a registered Pharmacist in the Pharmacy Council of India. He is a Chartered Member of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI) and is currently serving as the Treasurer of the Early Career Chemists Group (ECCG) of the Victorian Branch of the RACI. He is currently serving as the guest associate editor of a special issue of Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems.
Nanomaterials; Analytical Chemistry; Biotechnology; Colloids and Interface Science; Materials Science; Microbiology; Drug Delivery; Metabolomics
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Analytical Chemistry - 030100
- Physical Chemistry (incl. Structural) - 030600
Analytical Chemistry;Biotechnology;Cell Biology and Biochemistry
- 2018, International, Sparrho Early Career Researcher Prize, Sparrho
- 2012, Other, Victoria India Doctoral Scholarship, Department of State Development, Business and Innovation, Victoria Government
Also published as: Shah, Rohan; Shah, R.; Shah, R. M.; Shah, Rohan M.; Shah, Rohan Mahendra
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Investigating the mode of action of antimicrobial peptides *; Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation
- 2020: Small/wide angle X-ray scattering - Swinburne preferred access - SAXS *; Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation
- 2019: Improving the Viridi process, and the extraction of new products from winery biomass waste *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- 2019: Locating the drug within the lipid nanoparticles using neutron scattering *; Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation
- 2019: Structural interactions between puroindolines and lipid membranes using small angle scattering techniques *; Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation
- 2019: The development of nanoparticles for gene therapy of lung disease *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- 2018: Drawing value from solid wine waste by developing and demonstrating a small-scale pilot plant and designing an industrial-scale production plant *; Accolade Wines Fund Scheme
- 2018: Improving the extraction and yield of commercially important compounds from winery biomass waste *; Innovation Connections
- 2018: Salt effects on surfactant self-assembly *; Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation
- 2016: Chemical, Structural and Biological Investigation of Solid Lipid *; Synchrotron Light Source Australia Pty Ltd
- 2016: Internal Structure of Drug Encapsulated Solid Lipid Nanoparticles using small angle neutron scattering (SANS) *; Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation
- 2016: Investigation of structure of solid lipid nanoparticles and their interaction with lipid membranes. *; Synchrotron Light Source Australia Pty Ltd
- 2012: Developing novel means of drug delivery (Victorian Department of Business and Innovation Victoria India Doctoral Scholarship Program Scholarship for Rohan Shah) *; Victoria India Doctoral Scholarships Program
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display