Dr Rizwan Abdul Rahman Rashid
Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Queensland, Australia; Master of Engineering Science, The University of Queensland, Australia; Bachelor of Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India
- School of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Product Design Engineering
- ATC811 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Rizwan Abdul Rahman Rashid completed his PhD from The University of Queensland in 2013. His work was on the laser-assisted machining of beta titanium alloys. Since then, he is working as a Research Engineer at Swinburne. He is also working with Defence Materials Technology Centre (DMTC) for the past 4 years on a number of projects, including New Manufacturing Capability, Enhanced Tooling Capability, Sustainment Capability Development and Benchmarking for Best Practices.
In his work with DMTC, Dr Rahman Rashid has engaged in welding benchmarking of maritime-grade steels with SMEs in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria. He has also engaged in research activities with other DMTC industry partners such as RUAG, Seco Tools, and Sutton Tools. His work involved research activities in advanced manufacturing and repair technologies, machining of hard-to-machine materials and laser ultrasonic non-destructive testing at Swinburne.
Materials Science; Surface Analysis; Additive and Near Net Shape Manufacturing; High Impact Materials Testing; High Temperature Materials Processing; Manufacturing Porcesses; Materials Characterisation; Non-Contact Inspection and Non-Destructive Testing; Surface Engineering; Thermal Spray and Laser Processing; Titanium alloys; Laser Assisted Machining
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Materials Engineering - 401600
- Manufacturing Engineering - 401400
- Mechanical Engineering - 401700
Manufacturing Porcesses;Non-Contact Inspection and Non-Destructive Testing
- 2017, Swinburne, High Commendation - Vice Chancellors Industry Engagement Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2015, Swinburne, Top Teaching Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2011, Other, The University of Queensland Research Scholarship (UQRS), The University of Queensland
- 2009, Other, Defence Materials Technology Centre (DMTC) PhD Scholarship, The University of Queensland
Also published as: Rahman Rashid, Rizwan; Rahman Rashid, R.; Rahman Rashid, Rizwan Abdul; Rahman Rashid, R. A.; Rashid, Rizwan Abdul Rahman
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Sustainment of emerging materials for Structural Applications *; DMTC
- 2019: Welding Capability for Defence Platforms *; DMTC
- 2018: Sustainment of emerging materials *; DMTC
- 2015: Benchmarking for best practices - Project 3.2 *; DMTC
- 2015: Enhanced tooling capability - Project 5.02 *; DMTC
- 2015: New manufacturing capability - Project 5.0 *; DMTC
- 2015: Sustainment Capability Development - Project 5.03 *; DMTC
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display