Associate Professor Rohan Bennett
PhD, The University of Melbourne, Australia; BSci (Information Systems), The University of Melbourne, Australia; BEng (Hons - Geomatics), The University of Australia, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1231 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Rohan is an Associate Professor in Information Systems with the Swinburne Business School, Melbourne, Australia. He specializes in spatial information systems and land rights management. He has previously held posts with University of Twente (NL), Kadaster International (NL) and University of Melbourne (AU). He led and worked on the Euro Commission H2020 project 'its4land' - and is currently involved with project work on application of blockchain, UAVs, auto feature extraction, in land rights management.
ICT4D; Land Informatics; Digital Business
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Geomatic Engineering - 090900
- Information Systems - 080600
- Business Information Systems - 150302
Information Systems;Database Analysis and Design;Research Projects
- 2018, International, Survey Review Prize, Survey Review / Taylor & Francis / FIG
- 2018, International, Best Paper 2018 - Journal of Spatial Sciences, Taylor & Francis
- 2017, National, Top Performer (Multiple Units), Open Universities Australia
- 2017, International, Article of Month - Febuary 2017, International Federation of Surveyors
- 2016, International, Copernicus Masters - Sustainable Living Challenge (3rd), European Space Agency (ESA)
- 2015, International, 40-under-40 Remarkable Geospatial Professionals, XYht Magazine
- 2014, Other, ITC Top Teacher, SAB, ITC Faculty, University of Twente
- 2011, International, Article of the Month - June 2011, International Federation of Surveyors
Also published as: Bennett, Rohan; Bennett, R.; Bennett, R. M.; Bennett, Rohan M.; Bennett, Rohan Mark
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: Advancing collaborative research in responsible and smart land management in and for Africa (ADLAND) *; GIZ
- 2018: Preparing for Election 2021: Somalias National Digital Identity Program and the role of ICT in Somalias federal election, 202 *; SOMALI_ASSN
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display