Dr Robert Evans
Doctor of Philosophy, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Master of Engineering, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC737 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr Robert Evans is currently a Senior Lecturer and Deputy Chair of Department for Civil and Construction Engineering. He is responsible for the undergraduate courses in Geomechanics and Geotechnical Engineering within the Civil Engineering degree program. His qualifications comprise of a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) with Honours, a Master of Engineering (by Research in Civil Eng), a Doctor of Philosophy (Civil Eng), a Graduate Diploma in Management and a MBA in Management Technology. Before entering academia, he worked for Vicroads as well as a Geotechnical Consultant at Piper and Associates. His research areas of interest are: (i) Soil Mechanics, (ii) The Behaviour of Expansive Soils on Light Structures, (iii) Analysis of Pavement Roughness by Waveband Analysis, and (iv) Deterioration Modelling of Pavements.
Geotechnical Engineering; Road Pavement Systems; Construction Materials
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Other Technology - 109900
Also published as: Evans, Robert; Evans, R.; Evans, R. P.; Evans, Robert P.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2016: Braced batter micropile group: new design theory and performance framework *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2014: Evaluation of innovative concrete free footing system for residential construction *; Department of State Development Business and Innovation - Voucher Program
- 2014: Improved Residential Site Classification *; Department of State Development Business and Innovation - Voucher Program
- 2011: Geotechnical characteristics of recycled asphalt *; Municipal Association of Victoria
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display