Dr Richard Laferriere
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1232 Hawthorn campus
Rick is a lecturer within the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Discipline. Rick has a love of discovering opportunity and finding ways to develop solutions to capitalise on them.
His research interests include understanding the importance of leadership behaviours that enable creativity and innovation in employees and organizations from a culture specific perspective. Additionally, his research interests include entrepreneurship across demographic and cultural groups; organizational change, innovation and creativity management, leadership and cross-cultural study.
Rick is currently involved in a research project with an aboriginal coproration developing community capacity around governance.
Originally from Canada, Rick spent over a decade working in economic development at a community and provincial level in Canada for both government and leading business organizations. His work has focused on industry cluster development, business retention and expansion, community development and investment attraction.Along with his work background, Richard has been involved in entrepreneurial endeavors for several years having owned and operated a concert booking and promotion agency as well as creating and successful launching a community radio station in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Business Systems In Context - 350300
- Economics, Business And Management Curriculum And Pedagogy - 390103
Also published as: Laferriere, Richard; Laferriere, R.; LaFerriere, R.; LaFerriere, Richard
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Keeping it in the family: Business training for migrant families *; IGENFOUNDATION_FS
- 2019: Building Strong Communities with Good Governance *; Marra Worra Worra
- 2017: What?s your Story? Social entrepreneurship (Request for quote) *; City of Port Phillip
- 2016: Supporting Aboriginal Economic Growth and Development *; Marra Worra Worra
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display