Dr Robin Kalfat
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC-721 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Robin Kalfat's research interests include: Strengthening and Rehabilitation of existing bridges using advanced composite materials, the use of nano materials such as graphene to improve the strength and durability of cementitious grouts, ground improvement using FRP anchors, protective systems to improve earthquake performance of structures and advanced numerical techniques for structural analysis.
Advanced Structural Engineering; Infrastructure Renewal; Construction Materials; Infrastructure Monitoring
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Structural Engineering - 090506
- Infrastructure Engineering And Asset Management - 090505
- Earthquake Engineering - 090504
Design of Steel Structures;Design of Concrete Structures;Strengthenening and Monitoring of Structures
- 2018, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award, Swiburne University of Technology
- 2018, National, Impact Award for bridge engineering research, Australian Roads and Research Board (ARRB)
- 2017, National, W.H Warren Medal for co-author of best paper, Engineers Australia
- 2016, National, Excellence Award for Innovation, Research and Development (High Commendation) for the project "Multi-Axis Substructure Testing System", Engineers Australia
Also published as: Kalfat, Robin; Kalfat, R.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Alkali resistance of Geovert FRP bars *; Geovert Australia
- 2016: The use of anchorage systems to enhance the performance of FRP strengthened beams in flexure *; SIKA Australia
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display