- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA1106 Hawthorn campus
Rowan has extensive experience in the Marketing discipline with over 18 years teaching in universities. In 2010, she won the Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, and also the Vice Chancellors Teaching Excellence award. Her areas of teaching experience include Marketing Principles, Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Research, Competitive Advantage, Services Marketing and Social Marketing. She also teaches a unit in the Faculty Honours program: Critical Evaluation in Research.
Rowan completed her Honours in Marketing in 1996, investigating the usefulness and content of Teaching Evaluation Surveys and their impact on student satisfaction and learning. She completed her PhD in 2007 which was titled: "The Effect of Stress on Student Satisfaction and Performance" in University Education which involved a large, longitudinal, quantitative study.
Rowan has experience supervising research students in the areas of: Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Marketing, Communications, Consumer Behaviour (personality and consumer socialisation), Work-place Flexibility and Student Engagement.
She also has industry experience within the banking sector and as a manager in the hospitality industry.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Business And Management - 150300
- Marketing - 150500
- Other Commerce, Management, Tourism And Services - 159900
Also published as: Bedggood, Rowan; Bedggood, R.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Continue supporting Aboriginal growth and development *; Marra Worra Worra
- 2017: GEER Consultancy Power Shift Project 2: Co-Benefts Calculator *; EnergyConsumers
- 2017: GEER: Power Shift Project 1: Driving Change *; EnergyConsumers
- 2016: GEER Australia Seed Funding Initiative 2016 *; EnergyConsumers
- 2016: Supporting Aboroginal Economic Growth and Development *; Marra Worra Worra
- 2014: Koorie Energy Efficiency Project (KEEP) EOI *; Kildonan Uniting Care
- 2013: Investigating ways of supporting the operations of a remote indigenous non-government organisation: Designing business processes which suitably uphold local culture and lore *; Marra Worra Worra
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display