Dr Rayya Hassan
- School of Engineering
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC717 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Rayya worked at Swinburne University of Technology (SUT),Civil Engineering, from 1998 to 2005 in different academic roles in . From 2005 to 2008, she worked at ARRB Group Ltd as a Senior then as a Principal Research Engineer in the area of Asset Management. While working at ARRB, she was responsible for managing a number of Austroads research projects. In 2008 she rejoined SUT as a Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering. Research interests include pavement performance modelling and sustainability performance measurement of road asset management practices. Other research areas include using life cycle costing analysis in assessing the economic impacts of high productivity vehicles on road pavements, soil stabilisation and asphalt mix design. Her early research work in pavement management resulted in the development of a roughness index called HATI (Heavy Articulated Truck Index) to highlight road sections providing poor ride quality to heavy vehicle occupants. HATI has been adopted by a number of Australian State Road Authorities to trigger maintenance and rehabilitation programs and improve rideability for the freight industry.
Materials Characterisation; Road Pavement Systems; Transportation Systems Engineering; Construction Materials
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Infrastructure Engineering And Asset Management - 400508
- Civil Geotechnical Engineering - 400502
- Transport Engineering - 400512
Also published as: Hassan, Rayya; Hassan, R.; Hassan, R. A.; Hassan, Rayya A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: ARRB - APR Intern - 'Calibration of a Field Device for Assessing the Age of Insitu Bituminous Binders on Australia?s Sealed Road Network' *; ARRB Group Ltd
- 2015: Assessment of VicRoads Surface Data *; VicRoads
- 2012: Assessment of a pavement deterioration modelling approach for MSE Region *; VicRoads
- 2010: Characterisation of anomalous pavement roughness data (VicRoads) *; VicRoads
- 2010: Performance measures for a sustainable asset management practice *; Department of Transport and Main Roads
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display