Distinguished Professor Qing-Long Han
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
Distinguished Professor Qing-Long Han is Swinburne’s Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Quality). He is a Fellow of The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers and a Fellow of The Institution of Engineers Australia. He has served as an AdCom Member of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES) and a Member of IEEE IES Fellows Committee.
Professor Han is a Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate Analytics (Thomson Reuters) in 2014-2016, 2018-2020. He is one of Australia’s Top 5 Lifetime Achievers (Stars of Research) in Engineering and Computer Science in The Australian’s 2019 Research Magazine. He is ranked No. 320 in the world ranking in the 6th Edition of the 2020 Ranking of Top 1000 Scientists in the field of Computer Science and Electronics and No. 5 in Australia in the field of Computer Science and Electronics accoring to Guide2Research.
Professor Han received The 2020 IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) Society Andrew P. Sage Best Transactions Paper Award (IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems), The 2020 IEEE Industrial Electronics Society IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics Best Paper Award, and The 2019 IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) Society Andrew P. Sage Best Transactions Paper Award (IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics).
Professor Han has served as an Associate Editor for 12 international journals including IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Control Engineering Practice, Information Sciences, and a Guest Editor for 13 Special Issues.
Power System stability and control; Wireless Communication; Automation and Control Systems; Electric vehicle - Battery, Electric Power train, autonomous control and ITS Networked Robotics; Power System stability and control
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Artificial Intelligence And Image Processing - 080100
- Applied Mathematics - 010200
- Electrical And Electronic Engineering - 090600
- 2020, International, The 2020 IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics Best Paper Award, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
- 2019, International, The 2019 Andrew P. Sage Best Transactions Paper Award, IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) Society
- 2019, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Clarivate Analytics
- 2018, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters)
- 2016, International, The Most Cited Researcher The Most Cited Researcher in Electrical & Electronic Engineering , Elsevier
- 2016, International, The Most Cited Researcher in Mechanical Engineering , Elsevier
- 2016, International, The IET Control Theory and Applications Premium Award, The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- 2016, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters)
- 2015, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Thomson Reuters
- 2014, International, Highly Cited Researcher, Thomson Reuters
Also published as: Han, Qing-Long; Han, Q.; Han, Q.-L.; Han, Qinglong
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Repetitive Control Systems in Networked Environments *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2011: Developing a toolkit and framework to support new postgraduate research supervisors in emerging research areas *; Australian Learning and Teaching Council
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display