Dr Peter Mahon
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- AS219 Hawthorn campus
Peter J. Mahon graduated with a PhD from Deakin University after completing a thesis that investigated various kinetic phenomenon associated with electron-transfer in electrochemical systems under the supervision of Professor Alan M. Bond. Postdoctoral studies in the USA, Monash University and then Canada continued to focus on electrochemical applications. He was recruited by a start-up company based in Sydney to perform industrial research on supercapacitors in conjunction with the CSIRO Division of Energy Technology. He then moved to the Research School of Chemistry at ANU to work in the area of spectro-electrochemistry.
Analytical Chemistry; Materials Science; Mathematical modelling; Electrochemistry
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Electroanalytical Chemistry - 030102
- Analytical Spectrometry - 030101
- Separation Science - 030108
Analytical Chemistry;Forensic Science;Electrochemistry
Also published as: Mahon, Peter; Mahon, P.; Mahon, P. J. ; Mahon, Peter J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Identifying mechanisms whereby the addition of carbon to the negative active material maintains dynamic change acceptance *; Advanced Lead Acid Battery Consortium (ALABC)
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display