Dr Peter Mahon
Peter J. Mahon graduated with a PhD from Deakin University after completing a thesis that investigated various kinetic phenomenon associated with electron-transfer in electrochemical systems under the supervision of Professor Alan M. Bond. Postdoctoral studies in the USA, Monash University and then Canada continued to focus on electrochemical applications. He was recruited by a start-up company based in Sydney to perform industrial research on supercapacitors in conjunction with the CSIRO Division of Energy Technology. He then moved to the Research School of Chemistry at ANU to work in the area of spectro-electrochemistry.
Analytical Chemistry; Materials Science; Mathematical modelling; Electrochemistry
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Electroanalytical Chemistry - 340103
- Analytical Spectrometry - 340101
- Separation Science - 340109
Analytical Chemistry;Forensic Science;Electrochemistry
Also published as: Mahon, Peter; Mahon, P.; Mahon, P. J. ; Mahon, Peter J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: High Energy Lithium Sulfur Batteries for Space Applications *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2020: Synthesis, Development and Characterisation of Novel Ionic Liquids for Carbon Capture and Storage *; APR Internship Program
- 2019: An investigation of the potential for re-use of aged batteries in alternative second life applications *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2019: Development of Cost-effective and Sustainable Technology for PFAS Remediation *; Ixom Pty Ltd_PT
- 2019: Ionic Liquid Electrolytes for Lithium Metal Batteries *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2019: PFAS Remediation using MIEX Technique *; Ixom Pty Ltd_PT
- 2015: Validation of the Unipolar Electrolytic Hydrogen Generation Process *; Sustainable World Technologies Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display