Dr Peter Bruce
PhD, Monash, Australia; MBA, USQ, Australia; BBus, Monash, Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Department of Aviation
- EN706b Hawthorn campus
Peter's employment in the aviation industry included over 16 years as an operations controller in the Operations Control department in TAA/Australian Airlines. He is a senior lecturer in the Aviation department . His teaching focuses on Airline Planning & Operations, and Aviation Business Strategies and management units, and he supervises capstone projects, Masters and PhD students. He is an active researcher with interests particularly in situation awareness, expertise and operational decision-making in an airline operational environment. Peter is also an FAA licensed dispatcher.
Airline Operations; Aviation Safety
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Other Technology - 109900
Airline Operations;Aviation Strategy
- 2007, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Industry Engagement Award, Swinburne
- 2005, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Intersectoral Collaboration, Swinburne
- 2001, Swinburne, Swinburne Excellence Award for Team Teaching, Swinburne
Also published as: Bruce, Peter; Bruce, P.; Bruce, Peter J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.