Associate Professor Nicki Wragg
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Communication Design and Digital Media Design
- AMDC701a Hawthorn campus
Nicki Wragg is the Chair of Communication & Digital Media Design at Swinburne University of Technology. Nicki’s research sits at the intersection of communication design, technology and design education. She applies an interdisciplinary and industry-engaged approach to examine how best to communicate a range of social issues,. Her research and educational practice bring together students and industry experts in meaningful collaborative projects.
Nicki led the translation of studio-based design education into the first fully online design degree in Australia between 2014 and 2018. She played a significant role in reimaging the studio and the pedagogy underpinning the studio, and was involved in several strategic projects, including the development of over 200 design video resources. She continues to develop ways for design students, both online and on campus, to collaborate, share resources and foster a deep understanding of design.
Strategic & Transformative Design: Design Research Education; Strategic & Transformative Design: Health
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Design - 330300
- Higher Education - 390303
Product Diversity, and Productivity Design: Visual Communication and Information;Strategic & Transformative Design: Design Thinking and Complexity
Also published as: Wragg, Nicki; Wragg, N.; Wragg, Nicole
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: Go Against the Flow website audit and social media content review *; Continence Foundation Fund Scheme
- 2022: Monash University - Improving work-related road safety on mega infrastructure projects via effective behaviour change communication design strategies *; Monash University
- 2022: Sa’ili le ala: 21st Century career discovery sprint for Pasifika youths *; DISER - Safer Communities Fund: Early Intervention
- 2019: A sense of change: creating a better experience for public transport users, regardless of a user’s level of mobility - Students *; iMOVECRC
- 2019: Examining congestion in Melbourne’s driving and public transport community - Students *; iMOVECRC
- 2019: Moving the elderly with dignity and respect: Private car service app for the aging - Students *; iMOVECRC
- 2019: Road Empathy: Understanding and evaluating campaigns for behaviour chanqe in behaviour drivers and VRUs *; ACT Road Safety Fund Grants Program
- 2018: How can technology be used to encourage active transport? *; iMOVECRC
- 2013: 2014 NAB Calendar: Unsung Heroes *; National Australia Bank
* Chief Investigator
- 2017-11-13: The muscles women shouldn't be ignoring - Sydney Morning Herald
- 2017-11-13: The muscles women shouldn't be ignoring - The Age
- 2017-09-07: RE:ACT: A Different Approach to Promoting Road Safety For Young Drivers - TMAA Quarterly
- 2016-07-01: Q&A with Nicki Wragg - The Brownbill Effect
- 2015-09-23: Swinburneâ€™s Nicki Wragg awarded Distinguished Teaching Award - Swinburne Online Media Releases
- 2015-06-09: Five tips on using design to build your brand - Start Up Smart
- 2015-02-12: 5 lessons we can all learn from designers - She Said
- 2011-11-03: 2011-2012 AGDA council announced - Desktop: The Culture of Design