Dr Nadezda Sukhorukova
PhD, Applied Mathematics and Optimisation, St-Petersburg State University, Russian Federation; PhD, Applied Mathematics, Federation University Australia (former University of Ballarat), Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Mathematics
- EN708f Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
An optimisation-based framework for non-classical Chebyshev approximation (ARC discovery project DP180100602). : Scholarship 26,300 per year (tax free).In this project you will work on extending classical results in approximation theory by developing a methodology that lies at the crossroads between analysis, algebra and geometry. You will work on these challenging topics with an international team of researchers with a variety of mathematical expertise.
Remez algorithm for free knot splines:
Uniform polynomial approximation for multivariate functions
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Optimisation - 490304
- Operations Research - 490108
- Approximation Theory And Asymptotic Methods - 490101
- 2017, National, DP180100602, Solving hard Chebyshev approximation problems through nonsmooth analysis, ARC
- 2016, National, Cheryl Praeger Travel award, AustMS
- 2010, Other, Transportation Industry Skills Innovation award, IBM
Also published as: Sukhorukova, Nadezda; Sukhorukova, N.; Soukhorokova, N.; Soukhoroukova, N.; Soukhoroukova, N. S.; Soukhoroukova, N. V.; Soukhoroukova, Nadejda ; Soukhoroukova, Nadejda S.; Soukhoroukova, Nadejda; Soukhoroukova, Nadezda; Soukhoroukova, Nadezda S.; Sukhorukova, N. S.; Sukhorukova, Nadejda; Sukhorukova, Nadejda S.; Sukhorukova, Nadezda S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: An optimization approach to rational minimax approximation and its application to matrix functions *; Tel Aviv University - Swinburne Research Collaboration Awards
- 2018: Solving hard Chebyshev approximation problems through nonsmooth analysis *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display