Dr Nicolene Lottering
Dr. Nicolene Lottering, B.ForSc, B.AppSc(Hons), PhD is a research active, Level C lecturer in Digital Anatomy in the Department of Health and Medical Sciences at Swinburne University of Technology. Dr. Lottering has extensive teaching and research supervisory roles at undergraduate and graduate level and is currently the Discipline Lead for the Biomedical Sciences Major and convener for NEU20007, NEU10002 and BIO30007. As an affiliate Senior Lecturer in the Adelaide Medical School, her previous teaching experience includes coordinating all anatomical and medical imaging teaching in the 2nd Year of the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery Program; Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Anatomical imaging courses in the Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences degree at the University of Adelaide. Dr. Lottering is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy of the UK Professional Standards and has professional
memberships in the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, the American Association of Physical Anthropologists and Australian and New
Zealand Forensic Science Societies. She has also published 11 articles in peer-reviewed journals and 19 conference presentations within the past
five years and was the recipient of the 2015 Forensic Sciences Foundation Emerging Forensic Scientist Award, by the American Academy of
forensic anthropology; human anatomy; bayesian statistics; medical imaging
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Biological (physical) Anthropology - 440103
- Other Physical Sciences Not Elsewhere Classified - 519999
- Medicine, Nursing And Health Curriculum And Pedagogy - 390110
- 2018, Other, Student-Lead University Teaching Award, The University of Adelaide
- 2018, National, Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) Award for University Teaching Citation for Excellence in Teaching, Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC)
- 2017, Other, Student-Lead University Teaching Award, The University of Adelaide
- 2017, Other, Executive Deans Medal for Innovation in Teaching, The University of Adelaide
- 2017, Other, Beacon Commendation for the Enhancement and Innovation of Student Learning, The University of Adelaide
- 2015, International, Forensic Sciences Foundation Emerging Forensic Scientist Award, American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- 2014, Other, Vice Chancellor’s Performance Award, The Queensland University of Technology
Also published as: Lottering, Nicolene; Lottering, N.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display