Dr Nahid Choudhury
Master of Nursing Studies, The University of Queensland, Australia; Doctor of Philosophy, Queensland University of Technology, Australia; Master of Science in Microbiology, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh; Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh
Dr Nahid Choudhury is a Senior Lecturer in Nursing at Swinburne School of Health. He is a qualified clinician (registered nurse) and trained and specialised in infection prevention and control (IPC). His research expertise includes infection prevention, clinical microbiology, vascular devices, skin antisepsis, cleaning and hygiene, clinical trials and evaluation of clinical practice.
He has completed a PhD in Infection Prevention from the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and trained and specialised in IPC. After completing his PhD, he commenced post-doctoral research at the Alliance for Vascular Access Teaching and Research (AVATAR) group at Griffith University. He was involved in several NHMRC-funded AVATAR clinical trial projects on vascular catheter devices. Later he started health service evaluation research in Queensland Metro South Health.
Recently, Dr Choudhury was successful in achieving Nursing and Midwifery Research Fellowships (NMRF) with research funding valued $120,000 from Queensland Health in partnership with the Queensland Board of Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. He also received Excellence in Learning and Teaching Team Award 2022 from the University of Canberra Faculty of Health.
Dr Choudhury is a recipient of over half a million in research funding from various sources including Queensland Health, Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital Foundation, and University Research Grants. He was the author of two Lancet papers and published 22 papers in high-ranking journals and presented research outcomes at national and international conferences.
Infection Prevention and Control; Patient Safety; Vascular Devices; Skin Antisepsis; Cleaning and Hygiene; Clinical Practice Evaluation
Fields of Research
- Infectious Diseases - 320211
- Patient Safety - 420317
- Nursing - 420500
- 2022, National, Nursing and Midwifery Research Fellowships , Queensland Health
- 2018, National, Cardinal Health Infection Control Scholarship Award, Cardinal Health
- 2016, National, UQ Center for Clinical Research (UQCCR) Publication Award, UQ Center for Clinical Research
- 2016, National, Medtronic Infection Control Award, Medtronic
- 2016, National, Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control Conference Scholarship, Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control
- 2013, National, QUT Wright-Up Scholarship, Queensland University of Technology
- 2012, National, QUT Grant in Aid Scholarship, Queensland University of Technology
- 2009, National, QUT Post-Graduate Research Award , Queensland University of Technology
- 2022 - 2023: Member, James Cook University (JCU) Graduate Certificate of Infection Control External Reference Group (ERG) , Australia
- 2014 (current): Member, Alliance for Vascular Access Teaching and Research (AVATAR) , Australia
- 2014 - 2015: Member, Australian Vascular Access Society (AVAS), Australia
- 2014 - 2015: Member, Australian Society for Antimicrobials (ASA), Australia
Also published as: Choudhury, Nahid; Choudhury, N.; Choudhury, Abu; Choudhury, A.; Choudhury, M.; Choudhury, M. A. H. Zamil; Choudhury, Md Abu; Choudhury, Md. Abu
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display