Mr Mitchell Adams
Graduate Certificate of Research and Innovation Management, Swinburne University, Australia; Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Australian National University, Australia; Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), Monash University, Australia
Mitchell Adams is the Director of the LLB and lecturer at Swinburne Law School. His specialisation lies at the intersection of law and technology, as an expert in intellectual property law, legaltech and legal innovation. He is the legal technology lead for Swinburne Law School, heading up the Legal Technology and Design Clinics where he creates the conditions for legal innovation through student and industry collaboration. He holds a Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) and Bachelor of Laws (first class honours) from Monash University.
Mitchell is an intellectual property lawyer, being a registered Trade Marks Attorney and an Australian Solicitor. His current research is focused on trade mark law and designs law, where he uses empirical legal methods to investigate the registration systems for intellectual property rights. Other areas of research include those in the field of entertainment law and the legal protection afforded to fictional characters.
He is also the producer of 40 Floors Up, a strategy card game commission by Swinburne Law School. As the only law themed board game in Australia, the game has been played by hundreds of secondary school legal studies students and has been purchased around the world. More information about the game and where you can play it can be found at www.40floorsup.com.au
Intellectual Property Law; Trade Mark Law; Entertainment Law; Designs Law
Fields of Research
- Intellectual Property Law - 480603
- Law, Science And Technology - 480408
Intellectual Property Law;Trade Mark Law;Legal Technology;Legal Design
- 2021, Swinburne, Dean's Excellence Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2020, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Innovation Award - Nominated, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2019, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence (Higher Education) Award - High Commendation, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2019, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award, Faculty of Business and Law
Also published as: Adams, Mitchell; Adams, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Analysis of the economic effect of Virtual Designs *; IP Australia
- 2020: Entrepreneurship and Trade Marks *; John Monash Tech School
- 2020: Legal Factors Impacting Business Start-Up *; John Monash Tech School
- 2019: Civil Liability for Trade Mark Infringement *; Monash Tech School Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2021-08-27: Swinburne Law student develops legal tech solution for Spotify - Swinburne
- 2021-08-03: Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney over Release of Black Widow - RTR FM92.1
- 2021-07-26: Deepfakes in Docos - RTR FM92.1
- 2021-04-27: Swinburne Law School team named international champions in Oxford mooting competition - Swinburne
- 2020-08-27: Law students get hands-on with the technologies changing the legal industry - Swinburne
- 2020-06-11: Swinburne law students create innovative legal tech solutions on global scale - Swinburne
- 2019-09-16: Law as a Board Game - LinkedIn
- 2019-07-16: No Assembly Required: Unmasking Marvel's Superhero IP - Linkedin
- 2017-01-16: Radio Interview on "Graphic Nation" - Triple R
- 2016-11-27: New frontiers in digital disruption - Science Meets Business
- 2016-03-16: "\Design"\ is a fashionable term - but what does it really mean? - The Conversation