Mr Mitchell Adams
Graduate Certificate of Research and Innovation Management, Swinburne University, Australia; Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Australian National University, Australia; Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), Monash University, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Law School
- Department of Law
- AGSE328 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Mitchell Adams is a lecturer and LLB Course Director with Swinburne Law School. He has a B.Sci (Monash) and LLB (first class honours) (Monash) with a major in intellectual property law. Mitchell is also a registered Trade Marks Attorney and Australian Solicitor.
Mitchell is an expert in the area of intellectual property and entertainment law with a particular focus on trade marks. He has previously worked at CSIRO in the Intellectual Property and Commercialisation group and at a prominent entertainment law practice in Melbourne. As a Research Associate with the Centre for Transformative Innovation, he is also involved in conducting empirical research into the various Australian intellectual property registration systems. His current projects include examining the registered trade mark and designs systems.
Intellectual Property Law; Trade Mark Law; Entertainment Law; Designs Law
Fields of Research
- Law - 180100
Intellectual Property Law;Trade Mark Law;Legal Technology;Legal Design
- 2019, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence (Higher Education) Award - High Commendation, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2019, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award, Faculty of Business and Law
Also published as: Adams, Mitchell; Adams, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Analysis of the economic effect of Virtual Designs *; IP Australia
- 2020: Entrepreneurship and Trade Marks *; John Monash Tech School
- 2020: Legal Factors Impacting Business Start-Up *; John Monash Tech School
- 2019: Civil Liability for Trade Mark Infringement *; Monash Tech School Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2049-09-16: Law as a Board Game - LinkedIn
- 2020-06-11: Swinburne law students create innovative legal tech solutions on global scale - Swinburne
- 2019-07-16: No Assembly Required: Unmasking Marvel's Superhero IP - Linkedin
- 2017-01-16: Radio Interview on "Graphic Nation" - Triple R
- 2016-11-27: New frontiers in digital disruption - Science Meets Business
- 2016-03-16: "\Design"\ is a fashionable term - but what does it really mean? - The Conversation