Dr Muhammad Usman
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- EN505c Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr. Muhammad Usman has many years of experience in academic teaching, research, and supervision. He graduated from the School of Electrical and Data Engineering, University of Technology Sydney (UTS) in 2017 with a Ph.D. in Computer Systems Engineering. During his Ph.D., he worked as a teaching and research assistant at UTS from 2014-2017. He won the FEIT Higher Degree by Research (HDR) publication award twice at UTS for publishing his research work in well-reputed international journals in Tier A/A*, JCR Top 20%, and SJR Q1 categories. Currently, he is working as a Postdoc Researcher in the School of Software and Electrical Engineering at the Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. His research interests include multimedia processing, multimedia streaming, cybersecurity, QoS and QoE in end-to-end communication, and Internet of Things (IoT). His research results have been published in various highly-ranked international journals and conferences, including various IEEE Transactions.
Internet of Things; IP Network Resilience and Security; Mobile Networking; Signal and Image Processing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Distributed Computing And Systems Software - 460600
- Image Processing - 460306
- Electronics, Sensors And Digital Hardware - 400900
- Communications Engineering - 400600
Internet of Things;IP Network Resilience and Security;Mobile Networking;Signal and Image Processing
- 2017, Other, FEIT Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Publication Award, University of Technology Sydney
- 2016, Other, FEIT Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Publication Award, University of Technology Sydney
Also published as: Usman, Muhammad; Usman, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display