Dr Mark Shying
PhD, RMIT, Australia; Master of Accountancy, RMIT, Australia; Bachelor of Business, Prahran, Australia
Mark is an Industry Fellow within the Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance. A key focus of Mark's position is industry engagement. Teaching and teaching related responsibilities include reviewing and redesigning curriculum to ensure it is equipping graduates with the required skillset to succeed in their chosen business discipline(s), and preparing and delivering industry relevant learning experiences. Research related activities include translating academic research for a practitioner audience, pursuing applied research scholarship and forging industry partnerships for research and teaching endeavours.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Accounting, Auditing And Accountability - 350100
- 1995, International, Accounting Education/Financial Accounting Stream, HKICPA
- 1994, International, VERNON ZIMMERMAN BEST PAPE, California State University Fresno
- 2022 (current): Committee Member, Academic Advisory Panel, Australian Accounting Standards Board, Australia
- 2016 - 2017: Committee Member, Not-for-Profit Entities Project Advisory Panel, Australian Accounting Standards Board, Australia
- 2005 (current): Member, Emerging Issues Discussion Group, Australia
- 2012 - 2015: Member, Standard Businss Advisory Group, Australia
- 2007 - 2014: Member, AFAANZ PhD Scholarships Selection Committee, Asia/Pacific
- 2007 - 2014: Member, ASIC Financial Reporting Working Group, Australia
- 2007 - 2015: Member, Trans-Tasman Accounting and Auditing Standards Advisory Group, Asia/Pacific
- 2013 - 2014: Member, Asset Management Peak Bodies, Australia
- 2007 - 2014: Member, ASIC Liaison Group, Australia
- 2012 - 2014: Select, Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission AIS Taskforce, Australia
- 2008 - 2014: Member, Large National Network Firms Reporting and aussurance , Australia
- 2008 - 2014: Member, Local Government Working Group, Australia
- 2010 - 2014: Member, CPA Australia External Reporting Centre of Excellence, International
Also published as: Shying, Mark; Shying, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Identifying and analysing financial reporting user information needs in the for-profit, not-for-profit and public sectors in Australia *; CPA Australia
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display