Dr Max Schleser
Ph.D. Creative Arts, University of Westminster, United Kingdom
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Film and Animation
- AMDC709 Hawthorn campus
Max Schleser (B.A. Hons, M.A., Ph.D.) is Senior Lecturer in Film and Television and Researcher in the Centre for Transformative Media Technologies (CTMT) at Swinburne University of Technology (Melbourne, Australia), Adobe Education Leader, Founder of the Mobile Innovation Network & Association (www.mina.pro) and Screening Director of the International Mobile Innovation Screening & Festival. Max’s research expertise are Immersive Media and Creative Arts 4.0 with a focus on Cinematic VR and interactive filmmaking. His research explores Screen Production, Emerging Media and Smartphone Filmmaking for community engagement, creative transformation and transmedia storytelling.
Max’s experimental films, moving-image arts and cinematic VR projects are screened at film festivals and exhibited in galleries and museums (www.schleser.nz). His community engaged documentaries are broadcasted on TV and online (https://www.behance.net/maxschleser). Max co-edited the books Mobile Media Making in an Age of Smartphones and Mobile Story Making in an Age of Smartphones, published with Palgrave MacMillan, and edited journals for Ubiquity, the Journal of Pervasive Media and the Journal of Creative Technologies. He conceptualised and conducted digital storytelling workshops for a number of cultural institutes, city councils and government bodies in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. His industry consultancy includes projects for Adobe, BBC, Nokia, Frontier Strategy and Open Lab, among other agencies and production companies.
Digital Media, Film and Television
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Film, Television And Digital Media - 190200
Digital Media, Film and Television
- 2020, International, Innovation Award, MoJo Awards
- 2018, Swinburne, Dean's Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2013, International, Special Nomination award at the 2nd International Short Film Festival , Cinephone
- 2013, International, International Visiting Research Scholar, Monmouth University
- 2012, International, Early Career Award - Research, Massey University (NZ)
Also published as: Schleser, Max; Schleser, M.; Schleser, Max R. C.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: ACMI Public Art Commission Interaction Design Study *; Australian Centre for the Moving Image
- 2019: Nucleus *; Goethe Institution
- 2018: Free from Violence *; Department of Health and Human Services Fund Scheme
- 2017: 60+ Online: Enhancing Social Inclusion through Digital Stories and Social Media Participation *; Boroondara City Council
* Chief Investigator
- 2020-09-17: Swinburne University of Technology — Learning and adapting in a changing world - Adobe News
- 2020-06-12: Collaborative Storytelling - Mobile Journalism Conference Asia
- 2020-05-25: Aging: it's really quite OK - The Senior - VIC
- 2019-11-22: Films for a better climate - www.goethe.de
- 2019-08-12: The best of times for emerging filmmakers, screen producers and creatives - NiTRO
- 2019-06-14: Nucleus - Goethe Institute
- 2019-06-14: THE WORLD'S BEST SMARTPHONE FILM FESTIVALS - Mobile Motion Film Festival
- 2019-05-22: Content and Creativity in Smartphone Filmmaking through MINA - Medium & SBP Podcast
- 2018-11-07: Byte Into IT - RRR
- 2018-10-25: The Art of Experimental Mobile Storytelling - sbppodcast
- 2018-10-18: VR Production Workshop for Cinematic VR & 360° Video Production - https://blog.vuze.camera
- 2017-10-24: What Is The Future Of 360-Degree Video? - UPLOAD VR
- 2017-10-13: ABC Radio Breakfast - ABC Radio
- 2017-08-16: Documentary and Technology: A commited relationship ? - Metro Magazine
- 2016-04-25: Mobile Innovation Screening - Movie Maker - The Art & Buisness of Making Movies
- 2015-01-16: Festival de La Imagen - Festival de La Imagen
- 2014-10-26: The Film's ultimate storyteller - Dominion Post
- 2013-08-20: Adobe Education Summit - Adobe TV
- 2012-11-21: What does the Future hold for Mobile ? - The Next Web
- 0214-09-03: Cinephone, el festival de curts fets amb el mòbil, rep 115 treballs de 30 països - Regio7 (Spain)