Dr Mostafa Nikzad
- School of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Product Design Engineering
- ATC811 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Nikzad is a mechanical engineer with specialisation in composite materials, modelling and advanced manufacturing. With a Master of Science majoring in electro-physical deposition processes, and a PhD in additive manufacturing of metal/polymer composites, his research focuses on the interdisciplinary areas of applied material science and advanced manufacturing.
As a researcher he has over 14 years’ experience in design and development of composite materials with pioneering work on 3D printing of composites in collaboration with CSIRO and international research organisations as well as working with multitude of industrial giants such as Fuchs LUBRITECH, CITROEN Messian Durand, Tesla, Ford, Henkel and various others overseas and in Australia. Currently he is a senior lecturer in Mechanical and Product Design Engineering with a passion for translational science and industry-focused research and development activities.
Nanomaterials; Materials Science; Polymers at Interfaces; Molecular Modelling; Additive and Near Net Shape Manufacturing; Manufacturing Porcesses; Materials Characterisation; Recycling
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Composite And Hybrid Materials - 401602
- Polymers And Plastics - 401609
- Mechanical Engineering - 401700
Materials Science;Additive and Near Net Shape Manufacturing;Manufacturing Porcesses
- 2021, International, ANTEC® 2021 Awards , A-NZ Society of Plastic Engineers
- 2019, Swinburne, Excellence in Teaching Award, FSET, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2018, International, TESLA Excellence in Research Award, TESLA, INC
- 2018, National, Best Paper, Composites Australia
- 2016, Swinburne, Executive Dean TOP Teaching Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2008, Swinburne, Postgraduate Scholarship Award (SUPRA), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2007, National, CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarship Award, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Also published as: Nikzad, Mostafa; Nikzad, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Composite spacers from recycled plastics and rubber *; Recycling Victoria Research and Development Fund
- 2021: Injection Moulding of Reinforced Recycled Plastics for Innovative Bedding Solutions *; Recycling Victoria Research and Development Fund
- 2020: Recycled plastic ROBOVOID Construction Solution *; CRC Projects
- 2019: Recycled plastic for injection moulding of innovative concrete void formers *; Sustainability Victoria
- 2018: 3D printing of automotive spare parts and high value accessories *; Excellerate Australia
- 2018: Automation of High Volume Composite Component Manufacture *; Ford Motor Company Fund Scheme
- 2018: Plastfix TradieBot *; Innovative Manufacturing CRC
- 2018: Polymer-Concrete Composite - Mechanical Baseline *; ANCA
- 2017: Hybrid Composite Materials and Structures *; DMTC
- 2016: Development of tanks with controlled oxygen permeability *; Flextank International Ltd
- 2015: 3-137 Knitted Composite Seat Structures *; Automotive Australia CRC 2020
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display