Dr MD Morshed Alam
PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Swinburne Univeristy of Technology, Australia; B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure and Digital Construction
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC 734 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Morshed has completed Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology in 2007 and PhD in Mechanical Engineering From Swinburne University of Technology in 2012. From 2012 to 2018, he worked as a research fellow in the Department of Civil and construction engineering at Swinburne. He joined as a lecturer in the Department of Civil and construction engineering in Swinburne in February 2019. His research interest includes energy-efficient building materials and technologies, smart building energy management, thermal energy storage, heatwave resilience in building and building information modelling. Since 2013, he has led and worked in various research projects including application of phase change materials to improve building energy efficiency and heat-stress, building energy retrofitting guidelines and financing mechanism, factors and strategies to mitigate building energy performance gap, zero energy building and energy related occupant behaviour. While working on those projects he collaborated with many governments and industrial organisations including the Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works, Western Australia Department of Finance, Aurecon, CSIRO and Zero Living. He received industry translation research commendation award in 2018 from Swinburne University for his contribution to solving industry problems. In addition to research, he also teaches sustainable construction, project costing and Building Information Modelling in postgraduate and undergraduate courses.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Building Science, Technologies And Systems - 330206
- Computational Methods In Fluid Flow, Heat And Mass Transfer (incl. Computational Fluid Dynamics) - 401204
- Building Information Modelling And Management - 330204
Also published as: Alam, MD; Alam, M.; Alam, MD Morshed; Alam, Md; Alam, Md Morshed; Alam, Md. Morshed; Alam, Morshed
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: Sustainability study of SPEE3D manufacturing *; Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute Intern Program
- 2020: Modelling and full-scale pilot study of absolute zero energy houses in Melbourne *; Black T Smallfootprint
- 2020: The problems of Obesity in Buildings and Computation *; Swinburne Research, DVCR&D - Internal contributions
- 2010: Proposal for experimental investigation of splashing phenomenon in electric arc furnace steelmaking (student agreement with Morshed Alam) *; One Steel
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display