Dr Mehrnoush Latifi Khorasgani
Mehrnoush is Course Director of Architecture at Swinburne University of Technology.
She is a research practitioner with extensive local and international industry experience in the architecture field and completed her PhD at RMIT Spatial Information Architecture Laboratory in 2018. Her creative practice, research and teaching spans the fields of architecture, virtual and augmented reality, thermal comfort, microclimate design, and digital fabrication. Her research interests focus on the design with and for microclimates. She explores how the physical and tangible design language of geometry, colour and material are shaping dynamic, and hidden but effective, aspects of design. Mehrnoush has designed a series of smart surfaces using ceramic tiles with unique three-dimensional features, exhibited in various national and international exhibitions such as Embracing Innovation, Craft ACT 2015 and 2016 in Canberra and Dynamics of Air, RMIT Gallery 2018 in Melbourne.
AR/VR; Smart Skin; Thermodynamic in Architecture; Human centered design; Design Microclimates for Wellbeing; Neuroscience and Architecture; Clay and Ceramic
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Architectural Design - 330102
- Architectural Science And Technology - 330105
Sustainablity;Parametric design;Digital Fabrication;Waterfront Architecture;Building Information Management (BIM);Computational Design
Also published as: Latifi Khorasgani, Mehrnoush; Latifi Khorasgani, M.; Khorasgani, M. L.; Khorasgani, Mehrnoush L.; Khorasgani, Mehrnoush Latifi; Latifi, Mehrnoush
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: Associated Kiln Driers Pty Ltd (AKD Softwoods) - Flat-pack DIY garden sheds and backyard offices ? Stage *; Associated Kiln Driers_FS
- 2022: NOVELL 2 *; Florey Institute Fund Scheme
- 2020: The problems of Obesity in Buildings and Computation *; Swinburne Research, DVCR&D - Internal contributions
* Chief Investigator
- Ceramic skins insulate and protect city buildings and inhabitants - Swinburne
- Dynamics of Air - Exhibition
- DYNAMICS OF AIR - 10 KINDS OF FOG, AIRFLOWS AND AIR AWARENESS - Schlieren Photography used to observe disturbances in air caused by textured surface by Mehrnoush Latifi with Phred Petersen.
- Smart Skins for Smarter Cities - Smart Skins for Smarter Cities